How do I know whether separate services are from the same source provider?

Hi.

Recently signed up to this forum and have been getting familiar with things. The community has been really helpful and informative - I've been missing out for years.

I had a quick question - I tried to search to see if it had been asked but didn't come across anything similar, although it must have been asked somewhere.

I'm in the process of trialling various services - from what I understand, most of these services are from resellers. How can I tell if two separate services (via resellers) are from the same source provider? Or is there no way of telling.

Thanks.

P.S. I've tried to familiarise myself with forum rules - hopefully not breaking any with this post.

There's no way of telling.
The reseller doesn't know who or where the sources are so there's no chance of you knowing.
If you want to take two services to have a backup in case of downtime etc, you might be better to get one of those cheap Chinese subs from Ali express but don't expect that to be the dogs danglers, they have a million channels, often in no order and the English channels are scattered around like a mad woman's shite

Hi.

Recently signed up to this forum and have been getting familiar with things. The community has been really helpful and informative - I've been missing out for years.

I had a quick question - I tried to search to see if it had been asked but didn't come across anything similar, although it must have been asked somewhere.

I'm in the process of trialling various services - from what I understand, most of these services are from resellers. How can I tell if two separate services (via resellers) are from the same source provider? Or is there no way of telling.

Thanks.

P.S. I've tried to familiarise myself with forum rules - hopefully not breaking any with this post.
You will find a lot of providers use the same sources (streams) doesn’t mean it’s the same service.
A lot will have the same channels some may have different channels to others.
people get sources confused with resellers they have nothing to do with resellers at all

Thanks for the input, all.

Any particular reason why you want to know?. most end users just want the service to be reliable and work?
The only reason is that I'm in the process of trying quite a few different services to find the one that works the best for me. To do this, I'm usually signing up for a month (as opposed to just the free 12/24 hr trial) because I find it difficult to properly assess a service using the trial, alone. So, I was asking this question to see if I can avoid unknowingly paying for the same thing 2 or more times over.
They would probably have the same channel groupings, same channel lists.
Comparing the groupings, as a few have suggested, is a good shout.

You will find a lot of providers use the same sources (streams) doesn’t mean it’s the same service.
A lot will have the same channels some may have different channels to others.
people get sources confused with resellers they have nothing to do with resellers at all
I see. That's helpful to know.

Thanks for the input, all.

The only reason is that I'm in the process of trying quite a few different services to find the one that works the best for me. To do this, I'm usually signing up for a month (as opposed to just the free 12/24 hr trial) because I find it difficult to properly assess a service using the trial, alone. So, I was asking this question to see if I can avoid unknowingly paying for the same thing 2 or more times over.

Well done, somebody who actually reads the advice that is given about not signing up for long deals straight away 🙏

The reseller doesn't know who or where the sources are so there's no chance of you knowing.
If you want to take two services to have a backup in case of downtime etc, you might be better to get one of those cheap Chinese subs from Ali express but don't expect that to be the dogs danglers, they have a million channels, often in no order and the English channels are scattered around like a mad woman's shite
AliExpress has iptv subs on it?

That is not always true, some are ok and if you do your homework you can get some decent ones , plus why would you take supscription with lots of countries you do not need talk to the supplier and they will remove what is not needed. I have had some cheap chinese suppliers for over 3 years now and they are still going unike some of the more costly ones i have paid for who have disappeared. Yes perhaps EPG may not always be perfect but a lot are not so I persoanlly use and editor for that.

That is not always true, some are ok and if you do your homework you can get some decent ones , plus why would you take supscription with lots of countries you do not need talk to the supplier and they will remove what is not needed. I have had some cheap chinese suppliers for over 3 years now and they are still going unike some of the more costly ones i have paid for who have disappeared. Yes perhaps EPG may not always be perfect but a lot are not so I persoanlly use and editor for that.
I've never used a Chinese sub, I'm only going off what others have said.
Not sure Chinese providers would remove sections etc, they never seem happy about swapping chicken balls for fried rice in the banquet for four

I would have thought that if you bought a service from any outside source other than on the forum you would get a different supplier.
When I joined the forum I already had IPTV but eventually took a superior service here, I still use the original one as my back up.

Buying two subs from this forum increases the likelihood of them being the same service as many resellers started off as customers of a service that they subbed to on here. You could try and find a reseller who sells two separate services, there's a few about.

They would probably have the same channel groupings, same channel lists.
I was just thinking exactly the same thing myself as the only difference would most probably be just the App and layout ect but pointing to the same DNS and the end users wouldn't see the DNS so would be oblivious.

Back