How do you know if your lines are working?

Penster

have installed latest vix image and have entered my n line via remote using RustyMG 's "idiots guide" all seemed very easy, trouble is it doesn't work...doh
I'm getting no sly channels only freeview ones. the line is a "multiroom" version, upto 3 boxes. its working on my openbox v5. I can check on openbox with "manage config file"
option which shows "server online", is there a way of checking with the zgemma s2? or could it be the way i entered line. any help would be appreciated

Menu-setup-softcam/cl-CCcam info-servers line should be in there with green box if its not then theres a problem, best way is ftp it to box

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

if anyone can help with this i'm also having a similar issue. ihave the latest vix image from here and have uploaded my CCcam.cfg into etc folder
i know my line works as i have it working on my deambox

Penster if you go into >Setup> Softcam\CI>CCCam info what infomation can you see on mine i can see the server ie cline provider
however similar to yourself when i go channels i see the unofficalvix logo, FTA channels are fine.

Last edited:
Ukboy
Go to menu-softcam/cl-softcam manager and make sure CCcam 2.3.0 has a green tick in it
If not disable other mgcam and enable CCcam then reboot box
Hope this helps

thanks for the quick response
if i go into Sofcam manager, CCCam 2.3.0 has a tick next to it (and previously i had pressed the blue button for autostart)
also i go back to CCCmam info then option 3
it shows my provider server with a green circle next to it.

any help greatly appreciated

Sorry mate have no idea why its not working but i never use ts panel just ftp line into etc / CCcam.cfg then start it in softcam manager just a guess but if its stated in ts panel and softcam manager they could be conflicting.

sorry the TSPanel was a typo.
im following the same path as you.

Just out of curiosity if the channel is still encrypted what should i see on the screen, on the dreambox and Skboxf5 you see a $ sign.
what do you get on the Zgemma box
thanks in advance

sorry to take so long getting back. Im a tad confused as I have a nline which was entered in newcam.list not cccam. Ive got mgcam ticked in softcam setup or highlighted green in softcams via ts panel, if Ive understood correctly a cline goes into cccam.cfg. ukboy is yours a c or nline?

---------- Post Merged at 06:16 PM ----------

ukboy, if I view cccam info then select servers I get "error reading webpage" message. however my cccam isnt "on" i have mgcamd1.38 activated due to running a "nline" which i entered into newcam.list rather than cccam.cfg file. I believe a cline goes in cccam.cfg but im getting same problem as yourself.

ok quick update. need help, please. I've now ftp'd a new test nline to newcam.list restarted mgcamd1.38 in softcams and yet still getting nothing, channel freezes on all pay channels
any ideas....please

Penster
try and get a test cline and see if you have better luck
at least with the cline you can check your status in CCCam info

i guess we are still both in the same boat, mines just freezes on the pay channels but i know the line is good as it works on my dreambox and skyboxf5

just out of curiosity i changed my password in my cline to an incorrect one.
when i checked under cccam info >servers the indicator went red.
When i corrected the password in CCCam.cfg the indicator went back to Green.

this is so frustrating

Guys I had the exact same problem, this is how it worked for me.
I removed all the soft cams, 2.3.0 didnt work for me, so I installed version 2.1.3 and no others, and that worked fine.
Might be worth a try if nothing else seems to be working.

just out of curiosity i changed my password in my cline to an incorrect one.
when i checked under cccam info >servers the indicator went red.
When i corrected the password in CCCam.cfg the indicator went back to Green.

this is so frustrating

It sounds something is conflicting the line try and flash again use filezilla to ftp the line to etc folder and edit ccam.cfg then stop me mgcamd and start cccam.
Also while cccam is highlighted can you press right to change lines

Try getting rid of TS panel and only use the blue button soft cam menu. Then get rid of the cline and get an nline.

I've tried MT.Pockets image and same result
the only thing in common i guess is the CCCam.cfg file and i use flashxp
ill try and reimage and use filezilla
and use cccam 2.1.3

Last edited:
with an n-line you also need an mg_cfg file in the usr/keys as well as the newcamd.list file. then you should be getting some where.

ukboy. got mine working. I deleted ts panel, but dont think that solved it. then using softcam deleted all but cccam 2.3. then ftp nline into cccam.cfg and it worked.
as I said I was under impression nline's went in mgcam but for some reason it wouldn't work. thanks to all who helped. invaluable

---------- Post Merged at 08:57 PM ----------

with an n-line you also need an mg_cfg file in the usr/keys as well as the newcamd.list file. then you should be getting some where.

didn't realise that, thought it just went in newcamd.list got my nline working in cccam.cfg for now, but will do this when I get chance. cheers

no luck with cccam 2.1.3 either honestly dreambox was so much easier
just checking my cline is
c: servername port username password
i dont need anything else

i'll see if i can get a test nline and try that

thanks

there is a god, i reflashed and used a N line worked straight away first time ;-)
Happy Days

thanks everyone for your help

Back