How does it work?

matt007

Suppose I have a sub for a satellite receiver, how does the box actually verify and unscramble the channels? Im assuming that whenever you change channels, a request is made to the sub server to obtain a key to unscramble the channel. Once the channel has been unscrambled, are there any more requests? For example once a channel gets unscrambled and I disconnect the box from my internet, will the channel still continue playing seeing as it has already been unscrambled?

Sorry for the random questions, just curious to know how it works from a technical point of view

Emulator runs on the box. Needs connection every few seconds to unscramble. No net = no service.
low bandwidth needed but need fast ping time to server

Emulator runs on the box. Needs connection every few seconds to unscramble. No net = no service.

Sorry to jump on this thread but can I ask a Q? I've got a v slow connection, speed tested today at 1.06Mb/Sec DL & 0.078 UL. I can ping my router at 0.061 ms but to ping this site takes 114 ms. Would this be anything like fast enough for a CS sub?

Sorry to jump on this thread but can I ask a Q? I've got a v slow connection, speed tested today at 1.06Mb/Sec DL & 0.078 UL. I can ping my router at 0.061 ms but to ping this site takes 114 ms. Would this be anything like fast enough for a CS sub?

I would try a test line or 1 months sub first just to check and try using all devices connected at same time as that wil share your speed.

Back