How does twin tuner work?

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
I have two questions

1) If i have one live cable feed and bought a twin tuner cable box, would that work with the use of a three way splitter or would i need two live cable feeds coming in?

2) If i have one live sat feed and bought a twin tuner sat box, would that work or would i need two live sat feeds coming in?

You would need 2 sat feeds for a twin sat tuner.
You can just loop out of one cable tuner into the other with a short patch cable.

Some boxes can loop out, not all, depends which one you pick.

So you might need a three way splitter.

Just to add to the confusion, some twin cable tuners split inside the box, so you would only need
one feed to run both tuners

patch cable is just a short version of this, to run between your splitter and the box, or looped.

cable.jpg

Some boxes can loop out, not all, depends which one you pick.

So you might need a three way splitter.

Just to add to the confusion, some twin cable tuners split inside the box, so you would only need
one feed to run both tuners

patch cable is just a short version of this, to run between your splitter and the box, or looped.

View attachment 21688

I'm going to be using a HMP-Combo DV3-T2/C for a second cable tuner on the H.2H. I will only be getting a USB splitter for the back of the box, an additional patch cable going to the splitter (3 way splitter) and the extra USB Cable tuner, would this work if i set it up correctly?

Last edited:
I would post again specifically about USB tuners, I haven't used one but have read posts were some people have had problems getting
them to work, you may need a specific make.

I would post again specifically about USB tuners, I haven't used one but have read posts were some people have had problems getting
them to work, you may need a specific make.

Willo said that the HMP-Combo USB tuner would be fine which i have just received... I've just ordered a USB Splitter and Three-Way splitter for getting it all installed onto the H.2H.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/116307-vu-turbo-usb-how-install.html

If i have issues getting the USB tuner to appear in tuner configuration i'll set a new thread up, thanks for your help.

I haven't got a H2H but I'm pretty sure you should be able to to use loop out on the box to the USB tuner.
You just need one of those cables that we used to use from the output of a video recorder to the input of the TV. ( normal aerial lead with male one end and female on the other).

I haven't got a H2H but I'm pretty sure you should be able to to use loop out on the box to the USB tuner.
You just need one of those cables that we used to use from the output of a video recorder to the input of the TV. ( normal aerial lead with male one end and female on the other).
Would it work this way mate you reckon?

Three way splitter (The 'in' has main cable feed)

1st 'out' has cable going to the VM router
2nd 'out' has cable going to the box
3rd 'out' has cable going to the USB tuner which is connected to the USB splitter

- - - Updated - - -

You mean using this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1m-Pure-O...Male-to-Female-Extension-007907-/381501836484 hooked up to loop out then other end to USB tuner?

Last edited:
Back