How easy/hard is it to set up a new Zgemma H2S

Hi

I've been quoted £105 for another Z gemma h2s box which comes pre loaded with all the software i need to add my line to it. Currentl i have a dremabox downstairs but wish to add another box upstairs and have the satellite cables ready to do this.

I see you can purchase a new box with no software on it for around £70-75, am i able to add all the software myself?

any idea what software i need and how easy/hard it is for a novice like me to do?

Just trying to work out the best option as don't see the point of paying the extra money if its for software that is freely available and is easy enough to do.

Any help or guides what i'd need to do to setup up a box from scratch would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Hi

I set up my box last week and it all went well, bar a few setbacks. Look at Wooshbuilds set up/downloads it's amazing and all there for you. I would recommend spending some time researching it all first. Good luck.

Piece of pi$$ mate. The longest part is waiting for the sat scan. Go with wooshbuild as a first time as it has step by step guide. Once you get more confident have a go at your own build using kiddacs barebones guide.

So In order to get the software on the box, i need to put the software on the usb formatted to fat 32, is that correct?

Think I'll give it a go myself and save some money, thanks guys

So In order to get the software on the box, i need to put the software on the usb formatted to fat 32, is that correct?

Think I'll give it a go myself and save some money, thanks guys

Yes, i can highly recommend Whooshbuild.. you flash the base build as you said, then follow his instructions to the letter and you will end up with a very nice working Sky replica box.

I was in the same position as you. In the end I decided to go for a zgemma without a line. My one came with a preinstalled build which I played around with to ensure that the box worked. I then put the Whooshbuild on - extremely quick and easy to do.

I was in the same position as you. In the end I decided to go for a zgemma without a line. My one came with a preinstalled build which I played around with to ensure that the box worked. I then put the Whooshbuild on - extremely quick and easy to do.

And can I strongly recommend buying Woosh a pint if you decide to use his build, the likes of Woosh provide free builds and countless hours of advice to the community. I bought him a pint last week - it was good for the soul!!

jimmer 007 i was in the same pos as you mate
just followed wooshmans v4 build, couple of mess ups(on my behalf tho ) but over all quite simple......even for me lol
you get lots of support on here i must say its excellent.
keep up the good work lads

As everyone says, go for wooshbuild. Remember to back up your settings (blue button, first menu option) then you can "roll back" if your not happy with any changes you've made.

Right box arrived today and all set up perfectly.

Only issue i have is as i a dream box downstairs, having added my line details to the z gemma box upstairs both boxes freeze every 5-10 seconds, is there anything i can do to stop this?

i was told by my provider that their line would be suitable for multi room, so not sure if theres something i can do to the boxes to stop the freezing?

Thank you again for all your help

Right box arrived today and all set up perfectly.

Only issue i have is as i a dream box downstairs, having added my line details to the z gemma box upstairs both boxes freeze every 5-10 seconds, is there anything i can do to stop this?

i was told by my provider that their line would be suitable for multi room, so not sure if theres something i can do to the boxes to stop the freezing?

Thank you again for all your help

If you disconnect one from the internet does the other still freeze or does it operate normally?

Request a 24 hours multiroom test line from this forum (link in my signature) and chuck it on your zgemma box and see if that makes a difference. If it does, chuck it on the other box. If it all works correctly it would point to your original line not being multiroom.

I can run 4 boxes on my line, currently run 3, no problem at all.

-----------------------------
On a side note, thanks to this thread my server is p*ssed as a newt!.

Thank you is is appreciated.

If you disconnect one from the internet does the other still freeze or does it operate normally?

Thank you for your reply,

i haven't disconnected internet, although removing satellite cables from either box means the other no longer freezes, i've contacted my supplier and will see if they can do anything.

It turns out my line will only work on one box guys, thanks for your help anyway!!

Last edited:
New box is all up and running guys, thank you for all your help.

The slyk hd skin is awesome, really impressed by it

The only thing the other box i have is a dream box 800hd, is there a way to get this skin to work on my dream box?

I've tried to load it on in the past but my box would constantly crash until i returned it to original settings,

someone has mentioned about reflashing the box, but i've no idea where to start, anybody know of any guides or software that will work for dream box 800hd?

I've just discovered IPTV, really impressed with it. YIFI working well.

I've seen the watch series link mentioned a lot for box sets, but when i use it it just says theres no items available, does anybody have any ideas why and what i can do to fix it?

Or is there something else i can use to watch box sets?

Last edited:
Back