How many lines does a twin tuner use?

disco

Hi guys I have multi room on my line which allows 2 lines, I have a V8s in the bedroom and a S2 in the living room.

The other day the V8s was showing scrambled I'm thinking this due to the S2 using 2 lines when recording ?

Think I may need to purchase another line juts for V8s?

Cheers in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have thought so, each box has it's own IP, and you will have the same line in
each box, so

1 line, 2 IP's = Multiroom

I haven't checked with my server but I would be surprised if
recording was an issue.

i always thought it had to be on the same IP for multiroom well most do ask for that, as for twin tuner im pretty sure it would use just the one line to clear both tuners as its still once device with a single ip address

a double box if on cccam 2.30 can use 1 line for watch one and record 1 . but the guy i use gives you two lines, diff ports as when you record it can give you glitching and also depends if on a oscam, csp, muiltcs server as multics bans automatically same username on same ip
also when you set up tuner you tell it A to watch and B to record

1 line 2 ips =multi room is not right as multi room means multi boxes at same house (ip)

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion. Each box will have it's own IP
I run 2 E2 type boxes and they have different ones.

The line will have a different IP again, the IP of your ISP.

Just had a look and the line will register with the server under your ISP's IP

He can see 2 channels showing under the the one IP against your line details, so maybe you are
right and you need an extra line.

So I might need another line, not an issue, just wanted a second opinion as my provider had no idea if 1 box would use 2 lines.

Thanks guys

Some providers advertise as multi room = 2 single feed tuners or one twin feed tuner etc or (if 3 connections allowed) 3 x single tuners or 1 x single tuner & 1 x twin feed tuner

Back