How many server crashes a day?

Shiv

TK Veteran
Hi
Sorry hope I don't break any rules.

I just wanted to find out from you guys how many times a day/week/month does your server go offline?

Mines about 2-3 times a day can be more sometimes!!! Very annoying when you've set te times to record.

its like anything its worked with too many variables downtime is not a problem for me 99.9% its always on and if its off well they will let you know why and for how long so that is what i would call a good service and support.

And how long does it go off for? that doesn't sound like a great server, to one who hasn't got one yet, but I would hope it doesn't go off as regularly as yours.

It varies each time. But no longer then about 10 mins. Sometimes it could be about 1-2 mins. usually turning the box off and on usually brings it back on.

sound like its your end having the problem opposed to the server end by the sound of that !

check your Ethernet cable i would replace it also if you are downloading torrents thats a big one, as that will rob all your bandwith !

check your Ethernet cable i would replace it also if you are downloading torrents thats a big one, as that will rob all your bandwith !

I don't download any torrents but yes i my 5 meter long Ethernet is a cheapy one. Will defiantly replace the ethernet and see how I get on. Any particular type Ethernet would you recommended ?

if you are in a different room get a set of home plugs would be much better for you then a 5mtr cable going around the room

I would say its more your box than any thing else what firmware is on it, is it the one it came with if not did u back up the one it came with as for the server side off things u will get down time so they can do updates etc but not every day or loads off times in a week.u need to tell what u have done to your box first,firmware on these f3 dont always work well even if it does on one off them dont mean it will on others.

who is your broadband provider

I would say its more your box than any thing else what firmware is on it, is it the one it came with if not did u back up the one it came with as for the server side off things u will get down time so they can do updates etc but not every day or loads off times in a week.u need to tell what u have done to your box first,firmware on these f3 dont always work well even if it does on one off them dont mean it will on others.

Firmware is the same one when I first got it = 3601HD_31_10_2012_0B39
Can u tell me how to back up the firmware ony box please?

Firmware is the same one when I first got it = 3601HD_31_10_2012_0B39
Can u tell me how to back up the firmware ony box please?

I am on that same firmware and i dont have a problem and so are other people i know i suggest you leave the firmware as is you might end up with nothing but its your box so up to you.

The reason why some of these f3 are being killed off with firmware is some off them have different chip sets so some firmwares dont work but boxt is right u should only mess with them if your having trouble with it.try every thing else first.

I've just ordered a new cat6a Ethernet cable. Hopefully that should fix it if not then il probably change server and if still that don't stop crashing then should I put try a different firmware?
To be honest in the past 3-4 days I've only noticed it once go offline only for about 5 mins.

tbh i would have just went for the homeplugs a 17ft cable running around the house is bound to pick up interference

who is your broadband provider

tbh i would have just went for the homeplugs a 17ft cable running around the house is bound to pick up interference

Oh no it's only a 5 meter ethernet cable. I've read that wired connection tend to be better than the wifi dongle connection. But yeah when I get another sat box for the bedroom il have to get the home plugs. Cheers box t.

Back