How much do you pay?

kegnkiwi

TK Veteran
May I ask what is a good deal for cable. Please bare in mind I cannot get a retentions deal as this would be a new install. CPW are offering 200mb broadband with full house movies for £55.00 this includes line rental and weekend calls. Is this a decent deal.

Just to add I have a vu solo4k and a motorised sat dish and the solo4k has a cable tuner as well so I know what i can get but there is not much difference between broadband only and broadband and tv.

but do you really need 200mb? - if you can manage easily on a much lower speed, get that and a line for the solo and put the savings towards a holiday or a new TV

We are currently on 40mb with sky and we have a serious gamer in the house, We have 1200ac homeplugs providing 3 ethernet ports into his bedroom. I just spoke with sky and we use min 300gb a month with a max of 600gb so we do use a bit. My multisat line already has cable as part of his service. :)

Vm BB 20mb connection 30gb a month cap £14 plus £7.50 if go over the cap limit.

This is a discount they have given me and have given me many discounts for years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vm BB 20mb connection 30gb a month cap £14 plus £7.50 if go over the cap limit.

This is a discount they have given me and have given me many discounts for years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same package as me, 26 inc phone and calls, I don't use 10gb a month

VM BB was on 50mb (unlimited as far as I know) & landline costing £29.99pm plus any calls made to none VM numbers, just renewed contract this time I'm on 100mb (still unlimited I think) & landline for £34pm.

I am 1 mile outside service area from being able to receive B4RN BB, many I know are on 700mb - 900mb at only £11pm
You need to be within their catchment area to get B4RN BB, No blocking or restrictions...wish I lived 1 mile closer!

Last edited:
Bit the bullet and just placed an order for 200mb broadband with line rental and weekend calls @£39.00 per month with free install. The install is a new cable into the garden etc as we have only just had cables laid into the street. Our nextdoor neighbour has the same speed and is getting 235mbs.

Last edited:
Big the bullet and just placed an order for 200mb broadband with line rental and weekend calls @£39.00 per month with free install. The install is a new cable into the garden etc as we have only just had cables laid into the street. Our nextdoor neighbour has the same speed and is getting 235mbs.
That is one of the fastest speeds i have come across

Back