How to Change Boot Screen Image?

Openboxcy

Hi,

Im running ipab on my H2S and don't really like the boot screen image. I want to change this to a Sly image that i have found on Google, its a JPeg.

Ive spent the afternoon reading through various old posts and have just confused myself basically. Canyone give an up to date step by step guide on how to do this, from getting it to the box (FTP?), to saving it on thebox so it loads each boot?

Thanks

To the start screen to flash (the very first boot logo) (splash_cfe_auto.bin), proceed as follows:
Bootlogo splash
Create a BMP file in the size 720 x 480 with 24 bits
Rename file to splash_cfe_auto.bin

- Formatting a USB stick with FAT32 and create the following folder structure / vuplus/duo2 / or / vuplus/solo2 / (with the older models is different) - Attention: to show upper or lower case in the eighth case, spaces, etc. the folder must be named exactly the same, otherwise it does not work
- Box shutdown, turn off the back, remove all USB flash drives, insert the flash drive you just created and used as the image, flash (goes very quick, is only one file)

Been trying to do this now for a couple of hours and i am getting nowhere, completely hacking me off.

Ive downloaded various programs, those recommended above and others through Google, nothing is working. Xorion programs say connecting but never do anything. Ive got JPEG files ready but have spent ages looking for converters to get the files in the right format and then try FTP. No luck.

Can anyone please help as its driving me nuts.

The first 3, ive shut my pc down now but boot, bootwait and another i think. I put in the box ip address and root for username and password but it just stayed on connecting?

Did you convert before sending? after converting you should have your mvi files in a folder where you ran the tools send them to usr/share its also worth checking etc/enigma2

Guys thanks for all your help, really appreciated. Unbelievably i just done exactly as i done earlier with Xorion, tried a reboot again, now all good. Happy days. Thanks again.

If you are doing the reboot one itself you need to reboot twice
First time will be the old. 2nd will be the new

Back