How to install MGCAM on Vu Solo2 - Black Hole Image

JackUK

Summary of actions

1) Downloaded enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd-1.38c_blackhole_all.ipk
2) Used FTP to transfer the above file to TMP folder of the vu solo2 box
3) Used Manually install IPK packages and installed the above IPK file
4) Using the FTP, navigated to var/keys
5) Renamed the file newcamd.list.example tp newcamd.list and copied the N line to the CWS line( It looks like => CWS = 127.0.0.1 10001 linuxsat support 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan)
6) Verified there is a file named mg_cfg (I didn't edit it)
7) I am struck at this stage, most of the instruction says "restart your camm in softcam manager" Where is Softcam Manager?
7.a) What I tried is on the remote I pressed the BLUE button, which displayed a window saying Set Default CAM and I chose MGcamd1.38c
8) Make sure to tick Enable on startup - Where is this setting?

So, have I installed the MGCAM setup right?

Thanks

dont use black hole lol,use vix myself,would think pressing ok button on remote while in softcam manager or maybe coloured buttons used also?
if thats your line info edit it dont want 100 people to multilog on lol

dont use black hole lol,use vix myself,would think pressing ok button on remote while in softcam manager or maybe coloured buttons used also?
if thats your line info edit it dont want 100 people to multilog on lol

Thanks. That is just a sample line info.
Hope Softcam manager is not an ipk file that I have to install separately, I believe it comes with the image. Also to confirm my understanding, Softcam manager is where you will select which cam is active, is that right?

I will give a try on VIX image today and will update.

as these posts are very old ,best to read their setup guides for newer images as lots have changed since then.

Back