how to populate tv guide

txaspeat

when I turn my box on from standby, there will be hardly any programme listings in the guide, then they'll appear bit by bit, it can take upto half hour or so after turning on till tv guide fills up.
is this normal or is there something I can do to populate the tv guide when I switch on? thanks.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Need some more info
Box?
Os?
EPG manager?
Is the box set to wake up to download epg?

More info the bettet

sorry...
xtrend 8500, openvix, slyk skin, i set the download schedule same as bees e2 setup tutorial.

i just set the schedule when i got the box and set it up when it was running standard skin. im on cable.

Search 'EPGrefresh' plugin on here. Unless ATV the OTA update doesn't really populate everything and for days ahead. Vix needs the plugin out a zap timer set to a preview channel through the night.

sorry if its a dumbass question..
whats the difference between crossEPG + multiEPG??

is anybody else getting this same problem...

ive had my box on for a good hour or so now, epg was only about half full, so ive been to abm menu, clicked start scan, its scanned, and about 15 mins later my epg is still half empty.

is there some something im doing wrong or are other people's epg the same? xtrend8500, cable, daily update is set just as in bees tut, why do i not get a full tv guide?

5c61082791283dc8355b2c1e79b82c4c.jpg

thats how it is now about 15mins after scanning in abm menu

thanks, ive just put it on 1377 virgin media previews, will that do?
ab4d18438827eca363e98841b4eef8d2.jpg

is this a regular routine for most folk?

5 mins later...
50f558dfd3c4e22ce09b7acfcbad416e.jpg
simple,straightforward,to the point advice.... nailed it! thanks

ive just set vm preview channel as startup channel, whenever I switch on I'll just leave it on that a few mins, hopefully that'll sort it. ta mate!

Good idea mate. There's a plugin called EPGrefresh or what I do is set a zap timer to a preview channel through the night. The box will come on, populate, then go back to sleep

Back