How to set up Starview HD via a card sharing server to receive the keys

dooby2oon

VIP Member

This is for starview HD with lan only, thought i would update as last sticky was done before Nagra3

HD combo on cable network.

How to set up boxes via a card sharing server to receive the keys.

1: Get the file in downloads Starview HD Combo with lan. At time of post, latest Carling file is 0712.UAD.

2: Flashing your box.
Put your Carling file onto a USB stick and plug in to usb behind front flap. On your HD combo go to menu, Utility and do a Factory reset. Now browse to Accessory - USB, select your carling file and click ok. Select S/W + All data update and let it install. (Do not unplug while updating)
After the update, make sure autoroll is set to on, in menu, press 8989, go to Accessory - key edit make sure UCAS & autoroll is on.

You should now be able to pick up all your channels by going to Installation - cable auto search. The symbol rate determines your area for example N*l is 6887, the other numbers are 6952 for Telepe** and EXc&w. Let it find all your channels.

3: Setting up the cardsharing server
Make sure your box is connected to your router; there are also wireless adapters for the Starview if your network cable is to short or router is in another room
Go to Menu - Accessory - Network - IP setup. Network setup should be set to auto and all the numbers should be filled in; IP address, subnet mask, mac address etc.

Now scroll down to CS Net and select Ustream (UK) or (Istream ireland now dead), it should connect and register your box automatically. The server is sometimes down, so if it doesn't connect right away, try later.

Most of your channels should be on. As of now, a lot of HD channels are not part of the CS network, so you won't receive them.

If you get the failed 20% you will need to put the older grooverider 1214.uad file on first just follow from step 1 and update with grooverider 1214.uad first, then when this completes do another factory reset and update with carling 0712.uad should update fine now
(This 20% error only happens if you have a newer than 1214 grooverider already installed as blocks carling updates but grooverider 1214 dosen't.)

Channel list..
all your channels are categorised
pressing ok on your remote brings up the
channel list but it will be in simple layout, pressing the red button takes you to detail, now if your list don't appear to be categorised
you will need to press the SAT button on the remote and you need to select cable at the bottom of the list this will then give you the categories,
to change each section you simply use your left or right arrow buttons.

Job done

Slight update 01/04/11
As i am getting lots of PM's from people triying to set up combo on satellite mainly down to cable server going down well here's some more info
1: Get the file in downloads Starview HD Combo with lan. At time of post, latest Carling file is Carling+_F531_1207.UAD

2: Flashing your box. Put your Carling file onto a USB stick and plug in to usb behind front flap. On your HD combo go to menu, Utility and do a Factory reset. Now browse to Accessory - USB, select your carling file and click ok. Select S/W + All data update and let it install. (do not unplug while updating)

Make sure your box is connected to your router; there are also wireless adapters for the Starview if your network cable is to short or router is in another room.
Go to Menu - Accessory - Network - Press ok then go to Type now you will see 4 more sections in the menu, go to Server setup and press OK You will see 10 different Servers in here, Go to and select off 1 and press ok in the menu it will say off, if you highlight OFF and go to the right on the remote you can pick CCCAM or NEWCAMD in the menu. This is where you can setup your cardshare server.
Input 1 line at a time when done press exit then save is highlighted then hit ok.
Do same on all lines and when all lines complete click apply at bottom of screen.

Last edited:
Hi ,

I think because the Istream server does not support this and am hoping someone can tell me how to get all the SKY and other HD channels to work

hi i have starview 7 ,no hd can you please tell me were the autoroll is in Accessory i have three groupsn rsr , pvr, emulator, in the Accessory section also for the life of me must be a dick where the go- make sure UCAS & autoroll is on.
many thanks

understand all apart from how to connect the starview hd box to the router? the starview hd box has no ethernet conection? any help would br gratefully recieved...

[url]http://i89.servimg.com/u/f89/14/39/14/14/starvi10.jpg[/url]

This is for starview HD with lan only, thought i would update as last sticky was done before Nagra3

HD combo on cable network.

How to set up boxes via a card sharing server to receive the keys.

1: Get the file in downloads Starview HD Combo with lan. At time of post, latest Carling file is 0712.UAD.

2: Flashing your box.
Put your Carling file onto a USB stick and plug in to usb behind front flap. On your HD combo go to menu, Utility and do a Factory reset. Now browse to Accessory - USB, select your carling file and click ok. Select S/W + All data update and let it install. (Do not unplug while updating)
After the update, make sure autoroll is set to on, in menu, press 8989, go to Accessory - key edit make sure UCAS & autoroll is on.

You should now be able to pick up all your channels by going to Installation - cable auto search. The symbol rate determines your area for example N*l is 6887, the other numbers are 6952 for Telepe** and EXc&w. Let it find all your channels.

Make sure your box is connected to your router; there are also wireless adapters for the Starview if your network cable is to short or router is in another room
Go to Menu - Accessory - Network - IP setup. Network setup should be set to auto and all the numbers should be filled in; IP address, subnet mask, mac address etc.

Now scroll down to CS Net and select Ustream (UK) or (Istream ireland now dead), it should connect and register your box automatically. The server is sometimes down, so if it doesn't connect right away, try later.

Most of your channels should be on. As of now, a lot of HD channels are not part of the CS network, so you won't receive them.

If you get the failed 20% you will need to put the older grooverider 1214.uad file on first just follow from step 1 and update with grooverider 1214.uad first, then when this completes do another factory reset and update with carling 0712.uad should update fine now
(This 20% error only happens if you have a newer than 1214 grooverider already installed as blocks carling updates but grooverider 1214 dosen't.)

Channel list..
all your channels are categorised
pressing ok on your remote brings up the
channel list but it will be in simple layout, pressing the red button takes you to detail, now if your list don't appear to be categorised
you will need to press the SAT button on the remote and you need to select cable at the bottom of the list this will then give you the categories,
to change each section you simply use your left or right arrow buttons.

Job done

pls keep in mind..this tutorial is for the cable channels and not for viewing the sky channels apart from the fta channels...

my last post so now you can all have the new software

if admin want me to send them the new software email me i will send you it asap

can some 1 pm me the how 2 on the sat side sv hd comb please......................................................

Why does Virgin Media channels don't work on Starview HD Lan Combo?

Do we have to wait for a new firmware or what?

When it will start works?

Is there any cardsharing sites which are easy to use as im pretty clued up with starview but even im struggling with getting it working? many thanks

Back