how to stream to android tablet?

rino100

Hi is it pretty straight forward to stream to a tablet at home?
What app is best ?
What do I need to set up/ install on my zgemma box?

Many thanks.

PS this forum has been a godsend for me getting my zgemma box up and running!

Thanks guys ,
Got the vu+ downloaded, openwebif is enabled but app doesn't find box.
I've tried both auto configure and manual but no joy.

My zgemma is configured to only one tuner input if that's making a difference?

Hi is it pretty straight forward to stream to a tablet at home?
What app is best ?
What do I need to set up/ install on my zgemma box?

Many thanks.

PS this forum has been a godsend for me getting my zgemma box up and running!

Hi. It was very straightforward for me:-
Zgemma box select, menu, information, network. Note the ip address!!
Vu+ player app select, Settings, under receiver profiles make sure the ip address is the same as the one noted in the zgemma info section, if not change it in the app to match....Handle receiver profiles, select current profile, edit and change ip to match. Works perfectly for me out of the box....so to speak. The only caveat I can think of is that your tablet or device to be streamed to needs to be connected wirelessly to your home network.
Ps. No need to change any other settings in the app for it to work.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if you use 1 tuner just make sure no zap before streaming is of. Also user name is root I did manual configuration and inputted box ip

I tried AndroidDreamer and it worked perfectly first time so not sure why VU+ player did not.

Ah thanks for this .
I'd given up on streaming for the time being but I shall install androiddreamer tomorrow when I'm back from work.

Vu+ never found my box even the once.

Streaming to other devices (tablets, pc and phones)

Hi All

I need some help and advice on streaming to other devices (tablet, pc and phone) I downloaded the VU app and put in all the information but I kept crashing. I then paid and downloaded Istreamgate, I put in all the details and everything came up ie all bouquets and stuff. I then tried to watch a channel but the app just froze. I turned off the box into standby mode but this still did not work. I then checked to see if webinf was installed and it was I went to the site (myip:port), and everything seemed to work.

I then tried to record something and watch it on the device, this worked through the Istreamgate app. I have checked all the setting and know they are right as the app froze when the IP address was incorrect the first time I did it.

Can someone please advise me on how to set this up properly, why I am not able to view through the app only recorded tv. Also how do I set it up so I can watch while at work or at a different location.

Do all apps only work on the home network? What settings do I have to change on the router etc.

Thank you :butkiss:

Current setting in Istreamgate

ADMIN NOTE - PLEASE WAIT FOR US TO APPROVE YOUR POST RATHER THAN MAKING SEVERAL.

current istreamgate settings:

name: zgemm
ip: my ip
streaming port: 8001
port 80
username root
password dreambox

---------- Post Merged at 11:07 AM ----------

Hi All

I need some help and advice on streaming to other devices (tablet, pc and phone) I downloaded the VU app and put in all the information but I kept crashing. I then paid and downloaded Istreamgate, I put in all the details and everything came up ie all bouquets and stuff. I then tried to watch a channel but the app just froze. I turned off the box into standby mode but this still did not work. I then checked to see if webinf was installed and it was I went to the site (myip:port), and everything seemed to work.

I then tried to record something and watch it on the device, this worked through the Istreamgate app. I have checked all the setting and know they are right as the app froze when the IP address was incorrect the first time I did it.

Can someone please advise me on how to set this up properly, why I am not able to view through the app only recorded tv. Also how do I set it up so I can watch while at work or at a different location.

Do all apps only work on the home network? What settings do I have to change on the router etc.

Thank you :butkiss:

Current setting in Istreamgate

Most stable way is get kodi , get vu+ pvr add on, config to ur IP and only allow it to get one bouquet make sure the name of bouquet you set is exact as its case sensitive and also turn off dhcp on box and manually give ur box an IP so u never loose connection through dhcp changing ur IP , hope this helps it's free and works flawlessly for me on every device I own

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back