How to turn Apps off on iphones and how to save battery life!

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
MY battery seemed to be lasting for less and less time, looked on google this morning and found this site HERE

excellent info
wow i had so many apps running and didnt realise that they were still running in the background. Now hopefully my battery will last a day or more.
I could sit there and watch the % button go down as i watched it.!
hope it helps you guys!!

Last edited:
I have an android phone and I have advanced task killer on it, which kills any apps I have open :dunno:

Is there not something like that for the I-phone ??

its the first thing I was recommended to download and amazing the amount of stuff thats running in the background :)

mm dont know Anto thanks ill see what i can find!
seems no not for the iphone4 :( Apparently the whole idea of the multitasking bar it to close them 1 at a time :(

Last edited:
doesnt the app get deleted when you click on the X button?

i have ebay and paypal running in background along with ESPNcricinfo.. my battery seems fine. I got the battery maintenance app, every month i run that.

How quick did your battery use to run out Linny?

doesnt the app get deleted when you click on the X button?

no apparently not! well it lasted a lot longer than a day probably 2-3 days. Since ive turned the apps off it hasnt gone down much. where as yesterday i could sit and watch it go down!
I got the battery maintenance app, every month i run that
ill have to look into that! which one do you use as there are so many and what does that actually do ?

no apparently not! well it lasted a lot longer than a day probably 2-3 days. Since ive turned the apps off it hasnt gone down much. where as yesterday i could sit and watch it go down!
ill have to look into that! which one do you use as there are so many and what does that actually do ?

i dont know its like maintaining the battery for full use or something, with that i feel it makes a difference, Im more than happy with my battery power, lasts for 2-3 days if i dont use it much

its called iBatteryPro

Anto.... no app killer like with Droid. ;)

Linny I believe this only works for the 3GS and iPhone 4. ;) I have a 3G and it doesn't do anything but bring up my favorites. ;)

ive got the iphone 4 and whne you do the above a little red line comes up if you touch it it closes the app - suppose you could call them your favs as they are ones you use constantly. Last night before i switched it off i made surei closed all of therm, so when i turn on this moring if i dont use those apps today they will stay closed until i open them!

Annoying thing is my son has same phone - about a month or so older than mine and he Never turns his off and his battery lasts 2 days. He may not us it tha much for apps but his g/f is on fb most of the day/night so it does get a lot of use!
Maybe i should try not turning it off.

Oh one other thing - now i cant see this making any battery difference but i usually have my phone on silent and yes its on vibrate- cant imagine that taking up much battery??

Sounds like to me you need to swich SIM cards with your son and therefore phones.... hehehee. :p

Vibrate or Sounds... it's about the same battery use. ;)

There has to be something different... do you have yours set up for Wi-Fi?? If NOT searching the airwaves as much and on a Wi-Fi connection you could save some battery. I'm not fully educated on the iPhone yet but I'm getting better. I envy those with an iPhone 4 tho, this 3G is so slow you can make coffee and eat a biscuit before it does anything... LOL

Keep researching Linny... you'll either go mad or figure it out. (y)

yh its on wifi most of the time. Only on 3g if no connection or when im out n about. Being on 3 network we cant get on to many hotspots. IF i was on o2 apparently you can access so many hotspots.

Is the older version that slow - apparently they bringing out the 5 towards the end of the year.
Now only problem with pinching his ( sorry my account as i pay it so technically my phone LOL) is id end up with all his rubbish apps .......................... mind you he'd get mine and wouldnt i end up with his music lol!

Next time i go shopping near an apple store i might pop in and ask them why. MInd you ive not used it today as ive been at work and its only gone down 6% in the last 5 hrs. But i did also stop getting texts to my phone from twitter- so maybe that helped as i was getting loads of sms messages from 864 44 ( twitter.com)

Seriously i might try it and see what happens as never swapped a sim in the iphone so not sure what is on the handset and what is stored on the sim. With the older iphones is it a standard size sim or the new smaller one

Linny with the battery app i have it tells you on ways how to save battery life. Im on o2, i have my bluetooth, wifi and 3g off.

yes i paid for the app but it says you need to have a 20% battery before you can set it up. I dont use bluetooth very often and when at home have wifi on and when out n about have it set to wifi and if it doesnt find wifi it will auto connect to 3g.
my battery says i got 93% the app says i got 89% =hrs = standby 270.00 video 8.53 audio 35.35 wifi 8.52 3g 5.2 talk (3g) 6.13
so at 90% i got like just under 9hrs internet usage
so have to wait til its down to 20% to start the maintenance

yes i paid for the app but it says you need to have a 20% battery before you can set it up. I dont use bluetooth very often and when at home have wifi on and when out n about have it set to wifi and if it doesnt find wifi it will auto connect to 3g.
my battery says i got 93% the app says i got 89% =hrs = standby 270.00 video 8.53 audio 35.35 wifi 8.52 3g 5.2 talk (3g) 6.13
so at 90% i got like just under 9hrs internet usage
so have to wait til its down to 20% to start the maintenance

yh you have to wait till its 20%, how much did you pay for it?

im going to look around and see if there are any better apps out there for battery maintenance.

oh think it was around 0.59p lol!

i did have a look a while ago for battery apps but well they were all rubbish!

problem is there are too many and they say its excellent bla bla bla so you dont know which one to choose lol

thanks linny a lot of great information on the iphone mom.i have mine about 4 weeks and am slowly finding my way around it.

babs said:
thanks linny a lot of great information on the iphone mom.i have mine about 4 weeks and am slowly finding my way around it.

Couldnt be without mine now glad it helped you. Anything else u need just ask and hopefully one of us can help you. I also discovered how to take a screenshot press the home key and the lock button at the same time just like this also means u can use tap talk or forum runner via ur iphone

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-2989939549.png
    image-2989939549.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 36
Holy shit I just did the home button twice thing and I had 19 apps running no wonder its not lasting even a day.

You should also look into the apps you have installed such as facebook, twitter, weather, news, email, forumrunner, tapatalk.

Check the settings to see the amount of time they scan themselves to see if there is any updates. Do you really need facebook and twitter updating every half hour and so on. Can make alot of difference.

Screen brightness, not sure about iPhone but most androids have screen brightness set to auto which is a drain in itself, manually set the brightness yourself.

Do you really need facebook and twitter updating every half hour and so on. Can make alot of difference.

erm Yes!!! LOL
TBH Gman i wouldnt know how to change the settings for the likes of the above. My email is push manually - i hardly use email on my phone,

Back