I box 3 setup

S

sigmadelta58

Hi,
Just got a Ibox 3, and have no idea how to set it up yet.
I have had experience with the kryptview, but I was able to download various tutorials for it.
However, info on this box seems a bit thin.

It came with open pli installed so I guess I dont need to flash it.
I get a screen up after it boots ok, then it tells me "tune failed".

I am not an idiot, but I really don't want to start pressing buttons all over the place, and end up with a brick.
Any help would be appreciated.
I have both cable and sat feed available.

I think there's a cloud-ibox3 forum where I've read the cable tuners are very poor in the ibox 3 to the point where they're useless? Think it's a little better on the sat side? Hope you get it sorted tho mate

Cant help with the cable end but I assume its just another emulator like cccam or mgcamd.
Which image do you want to run on it. I'll pm u a link.

Buttons shouldn't do too much damage. Play away ;-)

As far as I know ibox2+ and ibox 3 pretty much same setup and methods to flash.

Last edited:
I have been playing around with it, and got it to auto scan, but it only found 17 channels, none of which looked familiar.
I went to the menu and found software update so I pressed that.
That was an hour ago, and it has locked out on the update screen.
User-friendly it aint!

Lol no most of the enigma 2 boxs are same.
1st things 1st though. Did you find the image u want?

---------- Post Merged at 05:03 PM ----------

I like the ibox safe version of vix best. But thats just me

You know that iboxs are clones? So online updating not advised.... but its never caused any problems on any of mine. But im a 'tinkerer' ;-)

I tried the software update, and it just wiped out the lot and left me with the boot screen.
Then I tried the icloud3.com support page and got the latest downloads etc.
Tried to flash a new image... nothing.
Tried to update bootloader, (this was advised to go with the latest image).
Now I have the famous "Black Brick".
Not only miffed that I lost £70, also apalled with the lack of info anywhere regarding basic setup in the first place.
Went back to the Icloud3 support forum, and apparently the wrong bootloader has been posted.

AirDigital have issued an apology (How good of them!).
But the only solution is a component replacement involving major surgery.
And in keeping with the spirit of their forum, no clue given as to where to get the component anyway.

I'm just amazed that state-of-the-art boxes are being made that can be rendered useless by 3 presses on the remote.

It wasn't the remote it was the bootloader. Sorry you ended up bricking it but I believe its not too bad to email airsat for a preprogrammed chip to solder on. Although all this is just reading and never tried myself. I know its no good to you but I hope this throws up a red flag to people to make sure stuff is box specific before running a bootloader. And ask about for help.
But I hope urs ends up being an easy enough fix dude.

---------- Post Merged at 10:14 PM ----------

I know it may not help but I emailed airsat for help with this link. Prob nothing but worth a try and good luck.

Thanks for the info,
I know it was the boot loader that caused the ultimate bricking.
But if I hadn’t simply pressed software update it would not have been necessary to mess around with anything.
I’d like to try the component replacement if I knew where to lay my hands on it.
So any help in that direction would be appreciated.
I’ll do a bit of ferreting around.

Thanks mate, nice try anyway.
Judging by the other forums on the cloud box, there seems to be hundreds of bricked boxes around!
Nice to know I am not an idiot after all..hehehehe.
Just ordered a dreambox 800c.
I am told its easier to set up and harder to cock-up.
At least I can lay my hands on a user guide for it.

Back