I just cannot get it going!

datalik

Hello everyone,

You help will be very appriciated.

I have bought my Zgemma - Star 2S from an authorised dealer on ebay.
I have never used this type of box before as i have been using different types (linksat, protek etc.) and found this is to be on a completely different level.
I have done my research and i have started to set up my box, Astra scanned and FTA all good. I installed dreambox edit, putty and ftp on my desktop and have been following the instructions to set things up but i do not have the CCcam on my etc folder to set the FTP or anywhere else. The box is running openvix and the 153 image. Further when i go to the plugins menu on the box to get something downloaded from there I get an error message saying the receiver is not connected to the internet when it is.

I am really stuck, I hope the above does makes sence and someone can point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance

when setting up box from scratch wizard normally guides you through the process,is box wired by lan cable to router?recheck in network also box and router may need a reboot.

Yes I do. I have set it up at the ftp but when I try to access the receiver from the FTP I cannot find CCcam so I set it up via dreambox edit

When I try todo this i get an error message saying my receiver is not connected to the internet. But when I go to network it confirms I am and this is where i get my IP from.

Hi, run a network test on the box, press menu, setup, system, network, device setup, then select network test and start the test, if it fails unplug the cable from the back of the box and plug into a laptop and check there is a live internet connection to the box, hope that helps.

Yes the box is wired to the router. For some reason it would not allow me to connect but i now have. I went to plug ins/softcams and downloaded the cccam 2.3.
I went to the softcam setting and ticked it. Restart receiver, back to ftp and CCcam is still not there. Am i missing something?

---------- Post Merged at 03:25 PM ----------

Apart from the nameserver everything else is green on the network test

Hi, have you tried downloading the cam using TSPanel? Also you can put your own CCcam.cfg file in yourself. Why not use the MGCamd cam thats already setup? Just edit the Newcamd.list with your details usr, keys folder, restart cam and hopefully happy days

i see over on wos red online update for feeds so could account why your feeds and plugins are down,new image 155 is all new and rebuilt and needing newer stuff [ original units ]

Download and unzip this file.

Just paste over the example lines in this file so it only has your line details in it, save.
then FTP to the etc folder.

Then switch on CCcam in softcam manager

Attachments

• CCcam.zip
    236 bytes · Views: 60
If nameserver is red turn off box, reboot router then reboot box and try test again. U need to get that sorted first.

If nameserver is red turn off box, reboot router then reboot box and try test again. U need to get that sorted first.

ok router re booued so did the receiver
done a network test all green but the namesarver is unconfirmed

---------- Post Merged at 05:58 PM ----------

After a few reboots the name server is ok
Where to now?

S otehrs have said put your line details into CCcam.cfg (if it's a c line), which you should thenm FTP to the etc folder

Or into newcamd.list (if an N line) which will be in the usr/keys folder

---------- Post Merged at 06:09 PM ----------

*As others have said ....

Unfortunatelly it still does not work
I am not sure what is going wrong and have been trying to find a solution for hours my brain is dead!
I am following a guide where you set an ftp but i could not locate the cccam, when i copied it to the etc folder i donot get any of the other files needed to set this up.
Maybe I should give up and try again when I slept over it : (

If its a CCcam.cfg file u dont need other files to ftp. U just put that file in /etc folder.
Then go to
menu
setup
softcam
softcam manager. Make sure cccam 2.1.3 Or 2.3 is autostart and start.
May need to reboot box.

Thanks for all your help guys.
I had problems with my usbs as I had to try 4 before i got one the box is happy with.
I am currently flashing sucmnsee 153 backup and hopefully it shall all be gravy.

Can you suggest a search for reliable nline?

Back