I just got a Starview 7 because it said it still works

I just got a Starview 7 last friday because iwantabox.com said it .works

Has anyone got a starview 7 to work yet? and by work I meant UNLOCKING locked cable Chanel's on v**g*n cable.?? in Lancashire.

If no body has , don't get anything that iwantabox.com recommends. they just want your £:whacko:

the starview 7 does work, but not on cable, you have to buy a subscription to a server, then connect the box to the internet. it is called card sharing.

Ok now you got me............hows that work then.

Who- what server? £ any ideas............"I know nothing" as manwell would say

thanks

right m8 since n3 all boxes died now theres a few options 1 really if u ask me as i am a kryptview owner my self but what you do is buy ther box of choicwe ie the starview it will come loaded with fta software on then u will need to get the correct firmware and flash thwe box then set the box up with your net id and scan for channels when it finds them they will be scrambled all u do then is attach internet acces to it via router then give it couple of seconds to grab the keys then the channels will be displayed no longer scrambled i wud seriously consider getting a kryptview tho as i have 1 and from unpacking it to viewing tv took just 10 mins all in scan aswell

Sorry about that noely, i didn't realise that is how they are being sold, i thought they were two transactions :taz:

The SV8 will probably surface soon & then the server will be well paid for :whistling:

where will it ever end?? :p

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

You connect the SV7 to the internet via dongle.

>> http://www.techkings.org/starview/17259-starview-7-pics-info.html

Follow doobys guide I posted for you yesterday & you`ll be up and running. No need to pay for the server as its included in the price of the box.

not really a dongle is it, more of an extension

OK I got it to work for 5 Min's

Then as I was trying to find out if the network cable had to be plugged in all the time or just to install,( I found out it it would not work without ). So I then tried a wireless usb adapter but I could not get that to work as I had no way to install any software to run it so I went back to the network cable ,for some reason the addresses are now all blank. The Network setting is set to auto but now all the info for IP Address,Subnet mask, Gateway, DNS, and 2nd Dns is 0.0.0.0 all gone except the User DNS thats still set to 205.171.2.65
Any ideas how to get the info back, is a wireless adapter available for star view.

Sounds like its not going passed your router for it to connect. A reboot of the router should fix it.

Steve

Last edited:
No Joy, I still cant get it to work, (it did the very first time ) but when I set up the dongle it stopped working (cable) and I cant get it back.
The Network is setup on Auto set up, It resets and it sets itself up but no unlocking?? I have a net-gear Wi Fi USB adapter also confirmed working setup on a laptop from the same router, but plugged in to the Starview "nothing happens"

Apart from starting from scratch with Factory reset I am out of ideas,, anybody got an idea to try first??

wireless wont work i got a wireless router but i only use hard wired you need to have ethernet cable attached form that connector all the time to router

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

USB adapters do not work got to be connected into a router

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

so a wireless usb dongle can be used on a starview 7? Instead of using the ethernet cable?

no no no

I agree hard wire is by far more stable, but wireless will work. Got a friend with SV7 and he's ok with their wireless setup. Ill ask him about how ha did it and get back.
If the box isn't seeing an Ip address, it has to be the router or the modem, I would reboot both. Turn them both off. give it 30 seconds reboot modem, give that a minute then the router. If still no joy then you have to be looking at the box.

DNS2 will show zeroes, but all the rest will be configured. mmmmm

Ste

Thanks guys
My network setup is seeing an address 192.168.1.4 etc I have eleven devices so the (4) part of the address changes as a when the device logs in so it must be working.( it did work the very first time i tried it) its just now not working wired....Its a pain the ass to set up.

I would not recommend IWANTABOX.com either as once sold the don't reply to help emails, a very bad service from them. and they sold me a 24 hr delivery that took two emails to confirm the had not sent it out and a week to get it off them. a very bad company to buy from.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Can anyone tell me when How or why the original cable box gets reconnected in to the setup on vi**n

OK up and running "but" and a big "but" only 70% working still loads missing.

Sky 1-2 etc although I have all Sky Sports channels ???
No movie channels
No Discovery channels
No MTV , etc
No Bio TNT etc

anyone got answers to what should work and still wont work
anyone know If I still need to connect the old legit cable box

I have it on a splitter now yes , but it was tuned in on a direct connection (it found 302 TV channels Plus some radios).

Also I notice the starview has a cable link OUT option should I link from the out to the Vir*n box instead of from a splitter.

As in Cable IN to Starview, then Starview cable OUT to Vir*n in??? thus requiring no splitter at all.

Back