Identify build on a box

veryPO

How do you identify which build is on the box?

I am running Grogbuild, that i flashed on myself, but i only know it's grogbuild because:

1. I flashed it
2. There is a grog splashscreen when booting the box.

Prior to flashing grogbuild, i was running Biohead, however there was no splashscreen etc relating to this.

Sister has aquired a box that already has a build on...how do I identify which build is on there currently?

Most firmware is atv or vix, depending on the box
Zgemma can’t really do vix. So most builds on zgemma will be atv. So the “builds” will be the same at heart
No real difference between them

VIX & ATV have slightly different menu's:- on ATV from a clear tv screen (no menu's open) press....menu then goto Infomation, then about....this will show you most of the systems base details like build & install date etc

VIX & ATV have slightly different menu's:- on ATV from a clear tv screen (no menu's open) press....menu then goto Infomation, then about....this will show you most of the systems base details like build & install date etc

exactly the same on ViX :(y):

The one big difference will be the softcams setup,Go into softcams and see if there is a tick to enable on startup,If so its openvix,You can reboot the box as a lot say what firmware on boot up

How do you identify which build is on the box?

I am running Grogbuild, that i flashed on myself, but i only know it's grogbuild because:

1. I flashed it
2. There is a grog splashscreen when booting the box.

Prior to flashing grogbuild, i was running Biohead, however there was no splashscreen etc relating to this.

Sister has aquired a box that already has a build on...how do I identify which build is on there currently?
I know what you mean - I’m using Grogbuild & the only obvious way of telling is the splash screen but if that wasn’t there it would be hard to know.

I did find that if you go (ATV) ‘menu’ ‘Setup’ ‘Software management’ ‘Flash online/local’ ‘Online’ then it tells me at the top of the screen that I’ve got Grogbuild installed & version number.

I know what you mean - I’m using Grogbuild & the only obvious way of telling is the splash screen but if that wasn’t there it would be hard to know.

I did find that if you go (ATV) ‘menu’ ‘Setup’ ‘Software management’ ‘Flash online/local’ ‘Online’ then it tells me at the top of the screen that I’ve got Grogbuild installed & version number.

Cheers guys, i got to the section in the menu stating its ATV and v6.1, but was wondering more about the build name.. Just with her being otherwise happy with it, I'd have just looked for an updated 'Build XYZ' to fix her audio description issue and flash that.

Nevermind, she can just have grogbuild and be done with it

Back