"idiots guide" to installing sucmnsee's image with EVERY step explained in detail

Made the mistake of 'updating' my zgemma, and now I'm stuck in 'boot'.
Guide seems simple enough, currently formatting. But what is 'my line'?

Your line is your 'gift' , sub ect.

If you don't have a copy of it then your going to loose it by reflashing.

Contact whoever provided you with it.

Great guide, but one thing I can't find the answer to. So I have backed up my image and my settings on my S2 ( on a different sandisk stick ) to the one i originally flashed it with and now I want to transfer these to another S2 or S, so do I just put the stick in the back of the box and press the rear power button ( as per the original flash procedure ) and the image and my settings will be transferred to the new box. I realise I will need to edit the line.

Great guide, but one thing I can't find the answer to. So I have backed up my image and my settings on my S2 ( on a different sandisk stick ) to the one i originally flashed it with and now I want to transfer these to another S2 or S, so do I just put the stick in the back of the box and press the rear power button ( as per the original flash procedure ) and the image and my settings will be transferred to the new box. I realise I will need to edit the line.
That worked for me although I booted the box and chose to restore from the USB stick

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

@ neacy 69, thanks for the reply, so when you powered the box it did not flash or it did and you just chose to restore anyway.

in its current state it will not flash on power up, you need to go through the menu & perform an image restore telling the box to navigate to the USB where backup is located

Hi, I've had my zgemma h2s for a month now, running great apart from I've lost all my sky channel numbers, eg, 101 bbc1, 102 bbc2, they were there when I first set the box up but they have disappeared, I've tried everything I can think of in settings, show channel numbers etc but nothing any ideas?

Could do with more info?
What image or back up are you using?
If your using ATV have you tried updating the software?
If you set up the box why not try a reflash ?

Hi
Is that you have lost all channels or are the numbers changed.
I did something similar and the numbers changed.
This was due to me changing the order of the tv channel folders. I.e. I moved the music folder a lot lower down and this changed all the other channel numbers.

I've lost mine aswell On my h2h image after installing dreamplex it seems to overwrite some of the core files I Evan tried to replace the files for the channel numbers hack but caused my box to go in bootloop the only way out of it is to reflash

Hi i plugged my usb in the back it came up flash but it seemed to be done very quickly and also i dont seem to have any of the menus you list here does this mean that it didnt flash?

Cheers

If it's the H2S they only take a couple minutes if clock is on the front. Press menu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to say a big thanks to RustyMG for this guide and sucmnsee for the image, I followed both sucmnsee and Rustys sets of instructions and everything went as described, been using the zgemma for a week now and love it, can't fault it in anyway, thanks again

Now do the scan for your channels:
Menu, setup, service searching, autobouquets maker, providers. (may need to wait a few secs for them all to appear).
Change Sky ROI Area to ROI HD (so as to get their equivalent BBC and ITV etc in HD - handy!) - irrespective of where in Europe you live.

I'm living in the UK and can currently get Sly and Satanta but would also like the FTA ROI channels like RTE - is this possible?

Thanks.

Now do the scan for your channels:
Menu, setup, service searching, autobouquets maker, providers. (may need to wait a few secs for them all to appear).
Change Sky ROI Area to ROI HD (so as to get their equivalent BBC and ITV etc in HD - handy!) - irrespective of where in Europe you live.

I'm living in the UK and can currently get Sly and Satanta but would also like the FTA ROI channels like RTE - is this possible?

Thanks.
My local region is northern ireland, I just set mine up as Rusty said and I have RTE 1 & 2 and tv3, they are numbered as they would be with a sly box, hope this helps

Forgot to mention in my earlier post that I used a Kingston Data Traveler 32gb usb 3.0 to flash my zgemma h.s2, I only done a quick format of it using my chromebook for anyone thats interested :p

hi all. had a quick query whilst following this guide for my new h2s. I am giving my old 2s to my brother, and hes given me a HDD to set it up for him. Ive made a mistake and setup my new h2s with a my brothers hdd. I was supposed to setup my H2S using my own HDD(plugged into the 2s atm). Is it just a matter of changing them over and mounting them, and if so I will have all my recordings etc saved from 2s for viewing on my h2s? Or do have to re initialise them both on switching them over and therefore wiping them? If I do, how can I save all my recordings? Is it just a case of saving/moving all the data on the HDD to my laptop, and after initialising it moving them back onto the HDD? Hope this makes sense lol. Thanks in advance

UPDATE: So i have switched em over and all seems ok. Didnt have to mount or initialise. Just had to download epg again. Is this all ok or will I end up having issues down the line?

Last edited:
Back