I'm changing the car soon - lease or buy...

Tempted to go electric as well. :unsure:
I've got a self charge hybrid on order, collection has been put back now a few months, as due in June/July time because of the specs I chose apparently but now end of August. I was tempted to go electric as most of the time we just drive local, but my folks live 170 miles away, and normally I just go down for the day so not there long enough to charge enough to do the trip back and not sure I want to sit in services for an hour to charge it.

Was going to get plugin hybrid but once the battery is discharged, ie on a long journey then you're carrying a dead weight of a battery.

Once they have affordable elecctric cars that can do a good mileage and are not so small you can't swing a cat then I will be interested

I know what you mean there, it's just the odd time when you need to do a bit of mileage.

I've got a self charge hybrid on order, collection has been put back now a few months, as due in June/July time because of the specs I chose apparently but now end of August. I was tempted to go electric as most of the time we just drive local, but my folks live 170 miles away, and normally I just go down for the day so not there long enough to charge enough to do the trip back and not sure I want to sit in services for an hour to charge it.
Was going to get plugin hybrid but once the battery is discharged, ie on a long journey then you're carrying a dead weight of a battery.
Once they have affordable elecctric cars that can do a good mileage and are not so small you can't swing a cat then I will be interested
Yes, you both make the same point. The current crop of hybrids just don't have enough
mileage range to be considered as a main car. Alright as a second car or a city car. I think I would definitely lease one of those rather than buy one though.

Yes, you both make the same point. The current crop of hybrids just don't have enough mileage range to be considered as a main car. Alright as a second car or a city car. I think I would definitely lease one of those rather than buy one though.
Also i'm told that the battery last about 10 years sounds okay until you want to sell it after 3 or 4.
You will get all sorts of tyre kickers with silly offers saying it'll need 5 grands worth of batterys.
On top gear years ago they were on about instead of charging you would go into somewhere like kwik fit and your batterys would slide out on a tray then just slide in a pre charged set similar to electric fork trucks. That is the only time i heard it once on top gear, I wonder why. :fearscream:

Back