insatlling/using a vpn

Anst11

got used to the h2s now after a few months and now want to use a vpn to go with it.

How do i go about installing/using one? if there is already a specific h2s thread related to this, then please link me I couldn't find one.

Never done it before don't know much about vpn's but thought it might be wise.....

using wooshbuild v4 openatv (lovely btw)

cheers

The way i use my box with a VPN is via my router (may need a new one, as most isp ones dont have this option)

i use an Asus AC68U which has the option tunnel all traffic on your network through a vpn. I use a paid VPN service, but there are free ones.

there are plenty of videos on setting up vpn's on various routers on google...

...If you mean can you run the vpn just for the h2s though i have no idea, but would also like to know if this was possible.

I've got a Synology diskstation which I can connect to via VPN - this gives me a connection to my home network which then allows me to access the box (openwebif, en2player app etc) pretty much anywhere.

You need either a machine capable of taking VPN connections (a windows machine that's always on or a home server of some kind), or a router thats capable of taking VPN connections. Like sjweir76 stated, the majority of ISP routers don't offer this functionality, some aftermarket ones do

Back