installing new Zgemma H2

mrenigma

After some time I finally configured my cable line and sattelite to the H2 box I had recently purchased. The box was already installed with openatv 4.2. But I do not like the layout of the skin. I notice that there is firmware that i can be install onto the box that looks better. I am however confused about which firmware to chose and I am concerned that inputting the cable and satellite tuner settings will be hassle again. Can anyone offer any advice on this? I would also like the ability to stream and have plugins for that. Would the firmware have that included when I download it and if not how do i get these pluggins? Can extra pluggins be put onto the box without having to change the firmware?
would it be advisable to make a copy of my current firmware with all the changes in it before applying the new firmware? Can this be done and how?

Lastly i have a usb formated fat 32. once i put the new firmware on, can i use the same usb for the EPG? Would that mean that i leave it in there after installing the firmware.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

a simple quick fix would be to change your skin ! the skin is really the only thing you see when changing channels, seeing whats on etc, from experience ive found that openATV updates don't really seem to do a lot more than what the 4.2 version does, so if you cant be bothered going through the set up again, then just install a new skin, I use slyk 1 and find it easy to use

Back