Insurance for Custom Built PC - Recommendations?

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi Guys,

After somehow managing to toast my motherboard i had it replaced with a brand new one, it also got me thinking, i need to get this beast insured. Now i've been to Square Trade Warranty - they dont do it, emailed Domestic and General, doubt they will do it, the guy that repaired the PC said ask your bank if they insure PCs. I'm just wondering where would you guys start? Any recommendations?

I need to get it insured so if it breaks down unexpectedly i can get it repaired without worrying for a week!

I look forward to hearing from the TK family.

Cheers
j4v3d

I don't know if its covered on the house insurance I'll have to double check. I just want to get cover for accidental damage or if it messes up I'm covered for repairs and stuff. I don't mind taking a cover out just for the PC.

i had similar problem my old graphics card went bang and i bought the brand new GeForce® GTX™ TITAN Z this baby is top end of the line when it comes to graphics cards and costs more than some home systems for obvious reasons i wanted it insured my home insurance would not toutch the pc under internal items being insured and it only provided a certain amount of acidental damage "chirchill" when i told them how much the case was worth the decliend the policy i ended up taking out cover direct from the manufacturer when i resgistered the product online its more in way of premiums go but that because of the cover offered but they did want all specs to be sent before they started the cover incase of known conflicts so my point is maybe look into the provider of the mother board when you register yours some deals are extremly reasonable.

Last edited:
i had similar problem my old graphics card went bang and i bought the brand new GeForce® GTX™ TITAN Z this baby is top end of the line when it comes to graphics cards and costs more than some home systems for obvious reasons i wanted it insured my home insurance would not toutch the pc under internal items being insured and it only provided a certain amount of acidental damage "chirchill" when i told them how much the case was worth the decliend the policy i ended up taking out cover direct from the manufacturer when i resgistered the product online its more in way of premiums go but that because of the cover offered but they did want all specs to be sent before they started the cover incase of known conflicts so my point is maybe look into the provider of the mother board when you register yours some deals are extremly reasonable.

Thank you for sharing you're experience. That's been a great help. I'll get in touch with motherboard providers and see what they say. And I'll keep digging around see what I can find.

Back