Intermittent Flickering Horizontal Lines

kama2k

So I Have a BM 7000s (Relatively New) connected via a HDMI cable to my LED HD TV however I have noticed on all HD channels a irregular flashing of thin horizontal lines on my screen I have ruled out the cause being my TV as other HD devices have worked clearly on the same HDMI cable and HDMI Port, I think it is either a problem with the signal being too high (98% Snr) or some sort of electrical interference going on but I'm not really sure, also Ive got a twin shotgun coax cable set up by sky recently and since the BM 7000s only uses a single feed , I've left the other cable hanging about near the reciver with the f connector inserted and copper wire sticking out, could this be causing some interference ? I've noticed flickering only on HD channels SD channels are fine what could be the cause of the problem any generous help will be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for the help Resolution is set to 1080i that's the only setting i think is related to the problem there isn't much else to change

Last edited:
Correction I get a 83% signal with 85% quality also ive heard mains cables cause interference Should I try and group hdmi cables away from the mains cables Or is that surplus

Last edited:
Hi mate i also have my blade connected to one sky cable of a twin and have the other one taped up. I also have a mass of mains and other cables close to the blade, but no problem with hd.

Thanks mate will remove the other f connector and trim and tape the other coax and see if It helps also what are you a/v output settings on the blade just to see if I'm doing something wrong

Just to say I've solved the problem I changed my Tv type setting to auto instead of pal and changed the resolution from 1080i to 1080p seems to have solved the problem

Back