Internet drops when using splitter

Do you know if theres a splitter fitted outside in the omnibox ? Its not uncommon to find one fitted incase the user wishes to have another feed around the house and sometimes they can get corroded with being outside and its something else for you to check etc

Yes.. it's a single splitter.. the VM man when I gave tivo back disconnected the two way splitter and put a single one on. And later I removed the redundant wiring (why did I do that!)

For me to change this I will have to rewire

I ordered another hdu so will report back so people having the same issues can see how I got on..

Hi

Thought I'd give you an update, hopefully this may help others with similar issues..

HDU returned, eBay guy message me a few days later saying the connector was not seated correctly..

Anyway, had a PM and they recommended a Asheridge AS-4p 4 port powered splitter, I thought for £15 you can't go wrong.. The parcel arrived splitter and power plug, you have to make your own power lead to connect the plug and splitter using the F-Type connector and you also need to buy a female coaxial connector also for the VM feed in.

After a short while my internet and two Vermin boxes are working fine..

SNR is 47
AGC is 71

I don't know how good that is, but the picture is fine and no buffering..

Thanks all..

Back