internet explorer & twitter - not opening links

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
I am having trouble with internet explorer and twitter.
Ive opened a twitter account for a forum i run so using IE for that account so that i do not have to keep signing in/out of mine on my browser.

But i am having problems opening links on IE i get the and with a yellow shape with a red ! in it - never seen that before and it will not open the link. Is it something to do with settings in IE. Its not to do with twitter because if i open that account in FF or chrome the links work
ive taken some photos on my phone to share see if you can see or if you know what the problem might be.
IVe not used IE ofr yrs but downloaded V 9 i think using wondows 7

If i go on other sites it will open a page but its blank but i have to right click and then click open

Last edited:
Linny40 said:
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I am having trouble with internet explorer and twitter.<br />
Ive opened a twitter account for a forum i run so using IE for that account so that i do not have to keep signing in/out of mine on my browser.<br />
<br />
But i am having problems opening links on IE i get the and with a yellow shape with a red ! in it - never seen that before and it will not open the link. Is it something to do with settings in IE. Its not to do with twitter because if i open that account in FF or chrome the links work <br />
ive taken some photos on my phone to share see if you can see or if you know what the problem might be.<br />
IVe not used IE ofr yrs but downloaded V 9 i think using wondows 7 <br />
<br />
If i go on other sites it will open a page but its blank but i have to right click and then click open <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-3830672548.jpg
    image-3830672548.jpg
    806.1 KB · Views: 30
  • image-3932749860.jpg
    image-3932749860.jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 27
  • image-350602417.jpg
    image-350602417.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thats the pop up blocker linny

Go to internet options, found by clicking this option in the browser

28-02-2012 22-41-05.jpg

Then uncheck the box that says turn on pop up blocker

28-02-2012 22-39-55.jpg

thanks Axxxo, have done that which now stops the sign coming up but still i click on a link and nothing happens. If i right click the link and say open in new tab i just get a blank tab, if i click open or open in new window nothing happens.
Didnt realise IE was so frustrating

Ok, short answer, dont use IE!

Really long answer HERE :)

Its really not worth going through the long answer lol

You could try this
Code:
http://twitter.com/#!/download/firefox/

or these for chrome
Code:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/twitter

ive got twitter on firefox and on chrome ( different accounts) which is why i thought it would be easier adding another account on IE. On my phone i can have as many twitter accounts as i like and just go between them.
I also have other social networks and site where i have 2 accounts on seperate browsers. Im going to go and look on my sons pc as he uses IE and see if it works on there- then check his settings. Seems strange as the problem is on both my pcs that i use IE Sucks!!! Oh btw read that stuff and well the suggestion didnt work, but its downloading an update - so will see if that makes any difference. Even tried to open that in IE and nothing happened, had to come back to FF to open it lol! Must admit only downloaded and updated to IE 9 yesterday as its a browser i very very rarely use

must be something to do with both my pcs as im now on my sons on IE have checked the settings in internet options and both his and my pcs now have same settings yet on his it works on mine it stil will not open links! think he is running IE8 ( when i click help it says whats new in IE8)

i have tried to uninstall IE9 but cannot find it on my system - have looked in control panel and even tried revo. But when i tried to instal again it tells me did not finish installing setup cant continue as a more recent versions of IE is installed. I know its on here but cant find it to delete it. I have also looked in computer, hard drives open that and found program files & program files (x86) but would not let me delete - only thing i could delete was the google toolbar :(

update. Restored pc to an earlier date and now when you click on a link i at least get something - just a blank page - but more than i was getting before, so it may not be opening the link but its opening up a new page for it. we ll thats on this pc ( pc1) other one is still restoring
can get to it by copying the link and then pasting it into the blank page its opened. so it must be something daft thats stopping it

Last edited:
There must be some reason with both pcs why i can use IE but they are not showing up in my control panel or revo, but if i tried to install IE9 it tells me it cant as a newer version is already installed. Must have run rather than saved!

Back