IP address

roysrolls

Hello the IP address in the Blade does not connect but the IP address in my TM800 HD does connect the both are connected to the same Virgin modem but have a different IP address ,I changed the one in the Blade to the one thats in the TM and clicked O.K. button and the IP address went back to the one in the Blade why wont it stay on the one I changed to hope you can help cheers take care what am I doing wrong

any lan device needs a different ip or conflicts will happen ,to get it to connect sometimes rebooting box and network applies,off for 20 secs then on.

any lan device needs a different ip or conflicts will happen ,to get it to connect sometimes rebooting box and network applies,off for 20 secs then on.

Hello thanks for your reply but I have switchd it off and discommected it tried always but it still will not connect its doing my head in I dont know what else to do only send it back cheers take care

go into menu>ip settings make sure dhcp usage is set to on and press the red button to start ip scan it should find it that way.

go into menu>ip settings make sure dhcp usage is set to on and press the red button to start ip scan it should find it that way.

Hi Thanks again I have done that pressed the red button nothing hapend what am I doing wrong cheers take care

the ip from your tm box if the last number is 5 put the same ip in your blade but put 6 as the last number.

so what you are saying is after the ip scan no ip address is found all are 000.000.000 ect? if that is the case then check your lead from the blade to the router.if an address is found ie 192.168.001.005 the all is fine it is connected right.

---------- Post Merged at 10:56 AM ----------

there are some issues with certain netgear routers and blade.i had one that would not connect automatic i always had to do the red button ip scan after i turned the blade off. swoped to virmin superhub no probs now connects automatic without scan.
if an ip address is found in the scan then goto menu>blade online if that connects ok then its a problem with the cs line or cs line info.

---------- Post Merged at 11:01 AM ----------

it could also be router firewall issues turn off routers firewall. make sure you have the latest PATCHED firmware installed on the blade oct 2012.

Thanks there is an IP address in there but when I click O.K. on it it should say connected and a channel list should come up but it dont cheers take caer

Problem I've had in the past, the blade doesn't like connecting to a network where the subnet mask is anything but 255.255.255.0

thanks thats whats in my box does it matter it dont connect because its only a channel list isnt it I dont know never got that far Cheers

thanks thats whats in my box does it matter it dont connect because its only a channel list isnt it I dont know never got that far Cheers

If I remember right 255.255.255.0 is what would come up in the blades settings but the actual network subnet mask was (for me) 255.255.0.0 so in other words the blade wasnt detecting the correct subnet.
you need to check what the actual subnet mask address is on your network.

Assuming you're using windows computer on the same network as the blade click start button > click run type in "cmd" without the quotes
Next a box will pop up and then you need to type "ipconfig" and press enter
this will give you the addresses your network is using

If the subnet address is the same one as the blade then the blade is detecting it correctly and this fault isnt your problem

Back