ipab image

ianw314

TK Veteran
Can someone tell me if the ipab image automatically updates nightly openatv when required ?

Can someone tell me if the ipab image automatically updates nightly openatv when required ?

Im on ipab and i have to manually update (blue button, sofware manager, software update) I tried to update last week when feed went green but it bricked my box, just good job i backed up image earlier. Bit reluctant to update again incase bricks again

Im on ipab and i have to manually update (blue button, sofware manager, software update) I tried to update last week when feed went green but it bricked my box, just good job i backed up image earlier. Bit reluctant to update again incase bricks again

Yeah that's why i asked the question as it happened to me too. Do you know how often ipab's updates openatv as I was considering installing his build?

Yeah that's why i asked the question as it happened to me too. Do you know how often ipab's updates openatv as I was considering installing his build?

Ive no problems really, easy to install and maintain but the update brick last week made me a bit nervous. seriously thinking of installing wooshbuild but my ipab image is working well so might hang on and see if anything is said about bricking issue

Think the bricking was due to a bug in the OpenATV software. Someone mentioned something about it on another site that there was something causing boxes to crash so not to update that day. Nothing specifically to do with iPab other than that it happens to be based on OpenATV.

Think the bricking was due to a bug in the OpenATV software. Someone mentioned something about it on another site that there was something causing boxes to crash so not to update that day. Nothing specifically to do with iPab other than that it happens to be based on OpenATV.

Ive updated after amber light on feed (green to go) but still bricked. Is there a specific update that bricks box ?

Not sure what date it is and not sure if it's been fixed yet so wouldn't update unless iPab team have told you to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it was discussed previously on here to Janso I know its nothing to do do with ipab image but to solve the openatv problem when trying to update the software you have to have a relatively new openatv download as they sorted the problem without actually releasing a new nightly build I think I'm correct in saying.

Yeah it was discussed previously on here to Janso I know its nothing to do do with ipab image but to solve the openatv problem when trying to update the software you have to have a relatively new openatv download as they sorted the problem without actually releasing a new nightly build I think I'm correct in saying.

can confirm that updates via software update bricks ipab (openatv) just updated again and its stuck on boot, backup image it is then lol

Back