iphone randomly plays music -even if i have not set it to play.

Haha would not go that far, but best try restore then setup as new in case you've done changes in settings eg,
catching the button triple click?

Best advice get a Galaxy s2

NOOOOOOOOOO lol they are quite big and i "can't2 give up my iphone lol!
Just doing a backup now and will restore and let you know!

well it seems i have a BIG problem. Trying to restore and apparently ive got a problem and phone cannot restore, but now stuck in restore - meaning i cant use the 'kin thing! so another 1/2 to see if it fixes its self :(

well STILL NOT worknig now saying my backup is corrupt - so think ive lost everything.When i plug iphone in its there in itunes but phone says restore and wont do jack sh!te!

Finally got my phone back working. But its all mucked up. Apps etc all over the place and photos seem to have gone :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Linny your photos will still be there in your backup have a read of this
To recover pictures you don't need any special app.
iTunes copies the files to the backup and uses unique file names
in Windows XP: C: \Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Windows Vista/7: C: \Users\[username]\AppData\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ (or something real close)
you will see a folder for every iPhone backup made - pick one
sort the files by size, for the 3gs and older .jpg files will be about 900kb or smaller (3mb camera) and copy them to a temp folder, then rename all of them to *.jpg (in CMD window: ren *.* *.jpg)
change you view to thumbnail and you will see your pictures
the 4g has a 5mb camera so the pictures will be larger but not over 3mb, files that size are usually video.

Video files are also stored here and are .mov (Quicktime) files

cheers Sinno. Having a rather bad day and i tried to restore again coz it lost everything my contacts messages photos etc. Now it says backup is corrupt or not compatible with this iphone. Itunes on pc is showing my iphone there but on iphone i got nothing again. keeps telling me to either set up as new phone or backup from itunes. Which im trying to do, but phone still shows as in restore mode. Failing that only backup it seems to have is from Last July??? . Have no idea why or how backup can be corrupt.
Plus im stuck intoday with no car and waiting for boiler man.!

All this coz it keeps randomly playing music so tried to restore :(:(:(

Right finally managed to restore it my doing it on a different pc. Now Sinno i can try and find the photos :)

Sinno cant find it :( looked in appdata only file i could fine was localow

Last edited:
Is there a iso file linny,also have you thought that if you restore the backup of the phone where the problem is occuring you will have the same problem again

Is there a iso file linny
No
have you thought that if you restore the backup of the phone where the problem is occuring you will have the same problem again
NO.

Think i might backup to icloud but it auto backs up to pc but not sure where it saves it.
Thanks ill take a look at the post below this
Ive managed to put on the photos i wanted for screensaver/wallpaper. turned off photo stream as all it was was another album but i couldnt delete photos from it and don't need it!

Right now i have that it tells me where my backups are stored! AppData, Roaming( which was not there until now)Have no idea why i could not find it earlier, they are stored as long file names with numbers and letters. And althought i backup evertime i charge the phone other than the 4 today the last backup its showing is back in July!

Last edited:
thanks Sinno lol its only taken all day :( but Linny is a happy bunny now

god so sad that without our phones we are totally lost!

i knew sooner or later with these "smart phones" that they would become "self aware" and develop a mind of their own.LOL.

well yesterday morning i had hair - lol! Im still trying to get my settings back to how they were. I dont like "change" unless its what i want. Wheelo maybe i should go back to a Nokia lol! i never used to get stressed out or worry back in those days :)

OH F F S!!!! after all that its STILL happening!!!
Its bene left on the table ive just gone to check it and its playing music.
Time for a visit to the Apple shop i think!!

Probably the best option Linny, as i said in an earlier post, people still report it happening even after a reset.

HTC Desire S~Tapatalk

Well yh cant say ive not tried! Ive also turned volume up to max so i can hear if it happens again - usually have phone on silent

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

So i was right,try your older backup after extracting all your photos contacts and messages,and see if it can then be updated,if you still have the stomach for it

sinno said:
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->So i was right,try your older backup after extracting all your photos contacts and messages,and see if it can then be updated,if you still have the stomach for it<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Sinno only other backup that was on there was july last yr and in there there were only contacts and few photos. Have no idea why there have been no other backups other than the couple i tried to do the other day after it said my backup was corrupt. Only problem with that is its old firmware and ive heard that once u put ios5 on you cant go back :(
Think the best thing to is go to apple shop later this week explain to them and ask why even when i have added the latest firmware why there seems to be no backup showing.

I did do a backup to icloud once i got it sorted but then told itunes to backup to my pc as usual. Also backed up iphone on my other pc so technically should have it backed up on 2 pcs

Think its still under waranty as its contract and have only had this since around march april last yr

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back