iPod and iPhone Firmware Download

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
iphonefirmwarecheck1.jpg

How to restore or update your iPod/iPhone:

After downloading the desired firmware below, you can shift-click (PC) or option-click (Mac) the Restore or Update buttons in iTunes. A file dialog will open and let you choose the downloaded ipsw-file.

Note: Your browser may change the ipsw-file into a zip-file. In that case, just rename it to end in .ipsw and iTunes will accept it.

The firmwares can be downloaded from the following link, most of them are direct downloads :):

Code:
http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

so will that work for the ipod touch
I eventually gave up with mine and now bought a new one - but a freind is looking into the old one which is stuck in restore mode - Apple said it cant be repaired! yh they would lol! ill pass this onto him to see if this works !

so will that work for the ipod touch
I eventually gave up with mine and now bought a new one - but a freind is looking into the old one which is stuck in restore mode - Apple said it cant be repaired! yh they would lol! ill pass this onto him to see if this works !

A mate of mine has successfuly downlaoded and installed the firmware on his Ipod Touch via iTunes without jailbraking it. :)

Its stuck in restore mode, do pass it to him, looks like he has nothing to lose at this stage. ;)

well he did something and got it working but it crashed again so i have it back. will try the above see if it works when im in the mood, if not well then i can try n sell it to sum1 who can do it or has the time patience to try lol!
thanks

well i have no idea what my friend done but he gave it back saying it worked then crfashed and he could do no more with it.

BUT last night i thought id take a look and it TURNED ON!! yay!!
so decided to sync it to my new pc this morning. Its worknig on the internet so can google etc, BUT it will not connect to itunes store. i have jsut open an itunes account and have managed to download some music to the ipod - wow cant beleive it worked lol!

But when i click on the itunes logo its saying " your request could not be completed, the item you have requested is not currently in the UK store. then says ok.
Even when my ipod is connected to the pc.

Any idea of what he may have done, good thing it it works lol but jsut wont connect to itunes
ok update
i have jsut paid £3 for the new update and now got new icons on the ipod got the apps, weather maps and other things - now looks similar to Georges new one. and NOW connects to itunes yay!
looks like its all working ok

panic over lol!

Last edited:
well i have no idea what my friend done but he gave it back saying it worked then crfashed and he could do no more with it.

BUT last night i thought id take a look and it TURNED ON!! yay!!
so decided to sync it to my new pc this morning. Its worknig on the internet so can google etc, BUT it will not connect to itunes store. i have jsut open an itunes account and have managed to download some music to the ipod - wow cant beleive it worked lol!

But when i click on the itunes logo its saying " your request could not be completed, the item you have requested is not currently in the UK store. then says ok.
Even when my ipod is connected to the pc.

Any idea of what he may have done, good thing it it works lol but jsut wont connect to itunes
ok update
i have jsut paid £3 for the new update and now got new icons on the ipod got the apps, weather maps and other things - now looks similar to Georges new one. and NOW connects to itunes yay!
looks like its all working ok

panic over lol!

Glad you have it working now Linny, mind you i think the new paid fr update may have been available to download via the link in the 1st post. But nevertheless, you have it working now. :grin:

ah rite lol! oh well im nowthinking if i should get in covered with apple lol so if anything else goes wrong they can sort it.
or should i just not bother and find out how to jailbreak it next

ah rite lol! oh well im nowthinking if i should get in covered with apple lol so if anything else goes wrong they can sort it.
or should i just not bother and find out how to jailbreak it next

jailbreak lol!, how come you want to jailbreak it? I dont know much about the Apple Ipod or Iphones myself lol, my friend wanted to jailbreak the ipod for some reason because of the new features in the firmware, but then i had a download that paid firmware for free and just flashed it using ITunes itself :p

jailbreak lol!, how come you want to jailbreak it? I dont know much about the Apple Ipod or Iphones myself lol, my friend wanted to jailbreak the ipod for some reason because of the new features in the firmware, but then i had a download that paid firmware for free and just flashed it using ITunes itself :p
well dont really know what it is just heard people talk about it. assume it means downloading stuff from itunes without ya bank details lol!

the update version i now have that i updated to i think its 3. sumit! plus i must admit i probably didnt see the code link at the bottom of that post - have now lol!

well dont really know what it is just heard people talk about it. assume it means downloading stuff from itunes without ya bank details lol!

the update version i now have that i updated to i think its 3. sumit! plus i must admit i probably didnt see the code link at the bottom of that post - have now lol!

Yes!, thats the one, it was the new 3.xx firmware he updated too. (y)

ah well. stupid thing is so slow and freezes still at times. Still its working and i can use it when it feels like it lol!

Hope it works for anyoen else out there that needs it.

ah well. stupid thing is so slow and freezes still at times. Still its working and i can use it when it feels like it lol!

Hope it works for anyoen else out there that needs it.

Hopefully (y), i guess its all good if its working when you want it too. ;)

yup.! althouht the new gen touch you can actually listen to music without using headphones - so son is happy with new one and im happy with old one lol! mind you i wiill use it more for games. photos n internet etc rather than music.

iphonefirmwarecheck1.jpg

How to restore or update your iPod/iPhone:

After downloading the desired firmware below, you can shift-click (PC) or option-click (Mac) the Restore or Update buttons in iTunes. A file dialog will open and let you choose the downloaded ipsw-file.

Note: Your browser may change the ipsw-file into a zip-file. In that case, just rename it to end in .ipsw and iTunes will accept it.

The firmwares can be downloaded from the following link, most of them are direct downloads :):

Code:
http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

well my ipod has crashed again ( didnt even last a month) so now downloading this firmware - there are different files in the download box so assume i need to click on the correct itouch but there are so many of them i have the ipod touch 1 G or do i jsut download the firmware it defaults on

Last edited:
Now looking back at the site, it seems that the flash files have changed.:eyebrow:

The 3.xx firmware when my friend asked me for it was atleast 100MB, but the files on the site are barely 2MB, i'll try finding the correct one for you. Its the 3.xx fimware you wish to upgrade too?

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I've followed up this site:

Code:
http://www.livecrunch.com/2009/06/18/ipod-touch-and-iphone-3-0-firmware-download-link-leaked/

Then followed up: iPod Touch 1G – OS 3.0

You can chose the different mirrors available to see which ones going to be the fastest for you, but the first mirror after clicking on iPod Touch 1G – OS 3.0 seems to be pretty quick. (y)

Direct link:
Code:
http://download2us.softpedia.com/dl/ed76fd51e7b688f6e0052bf6d6c8245e/4b29606c/400038026/mac/iPhone/Tools-Utilities/iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw

You can also download Internet download manager:
Code:
http://www.techkings.org/showthread.php?t=8296

Once downloaded, open the program, add URL and copy and paste the above direct download link, and it will max out your download speed.

Last edited:
tried all this last night and still no joy. will try again later today when i get back home from my meeting

If it worked once its gotta work again

ok tried everything and still no joy. Even tried a different ipod lead. I now get error code 20 6 . it starts to restore and then stops.
after looking at the vids on the other thread it says downgrade to itunes 7 rather than the new itunes 9 - think ill take a look on the apple website see if i can find out how to install that version.

Last edited:
Here you go, you can download the latest of version 7 here:

Code:
http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php?old_itunes=33#Download

Remember to delete the entire iTunes directory on your C Drive before installing iTunes 7. Good luck. :)

thanks i will load it onto my old laptop that doesn't have itunes on - lol keep the old lappy for adding firmware to boxes
I have now tried to restore using different files for about 20 times each lol so this is the next step. If still no joy then its back to my friend and see if he can remember what he did. But need to try n sort it out myself. Then if it does work at least i have the itunes 7 and other files for the next time lol!

Last edited:
Back