IPTV Box/App Help Needed

Pasty82

First off apologies if in wrong area..

Ok so i have IPTV via the Smart-IPTV App on my LG TV, that works flawless, i get no issues at all using this App - however i want a second device in my Sons bedroom. He has a Celcus Smart TV, that doesnt seem to support the Smart-IPTV App, which is a bummer asi know it works perfectly, im not willing to go paying £200 odd quid on a new TV, so im wondering what else is out there on a lower budget but for it to work with no issues.

My friend has suggested an Android budget box, but im not keen on that idea at all, as the one i had struggled to run Kodi, constant buffering and freezing, so i'm not going to even entertain that suggestion. A friend ran it on his Zgemma but even that had issues handling IPTV, which i found odd seeing as they ran Sly with ease.

Any suggestions would be great - TIA

A lot of people use Firesticks, personally I would go for a half
decent android box, 2-3 Gb Ram. I run a T95Z and it's fine.

IPTV can be a bit temporamental and problems tend to stem more from
the server or you internet speed, most boxes should run it ok.

I see you want to install the extra device in a bedroom so I am assuming this is further away from your router? This may cause you problems with your internet speed particularly if you use wi fi. I would consider buying two internet extenders, plug one near your router then connect it via ethernet then one from a plug in the bedroom and ethernet to the device. I have the same system in a bedroom to a decent android box and it is rock solid. BTW the extenders are about £20 for a pair if you shop around.

Cheers for the replies guys, appreciate it. I'm not really keen on an Android box if i'm honest, ive had them in the past and they've been a flop, my tinternet speed is pretty good - between 28 and 32 MBPS when i check it every now and then, but i find Android boxes to crash TV wise, but using as games emulators they're great i find.

It's strange as like i say i have it via my LG TV and it runs like a dream, so server and connection speed cant really be an excuse, shows its stable and shows the speed is more than enough, but on an Android box it sucks ass.

Mag256 ? plus a pair of homeplugs as mentioned above.

Easy to use and setup, they are built specifically for IPTV and streaming, but you can't add extras like Terrarium, Covenant, Netflix etc.

Will run IPTV fine though.

Cheers for the replies guys, appreciate it. I'm not really keen on an Android box if i'm honest, ive had them in the past and they've been a flop, my tinternet speed is pretty good - between 28 and 32 MBPS when i check it every now and then, but i find Android boxes to crash TV wise, but using as games emulators they're great i find.

It's strange as like i say i have it via my LG TV and it runs like a dream, so server and connection speed cant really be an excuse, shows its stable and shows the speed is more than enough, but on an Android box it sucks ass.

i totaly agree here with you i have nvidea shield but iptv runs better threw my lg tv with no buffering or lag i think with the last update on shield caused probs but i believe the next update will solve these probs

homeplugs only good if you plug into same ring as the plug your going to use for your iptv box
Sorry that is not correct - Does not require same ring, or even same distribution box. Just as long as it is on same phase coming in to house. Other people on same phase may pick up signal so advisable to use homeplugs security as well as any other security. I believe the earliest versions had to be on the same ring but not anymore LOL

Sorry that is not correct - Does not require same ring, or even same distribution box. Just as long as it is on same phase coming in to house. Other people on same phase may pick up signal so advisable to use homeplugs security as well as any other security. I believe the earliest versions had to be on the same ring but not anymore LOL

ahh ok never knew that been a lomg time since i last used home plugs

Cheers guys.

Just looking at these MAG 256 boxes, seems to be around 30% of people saying they're good, and 70% either having software bugs, or faulty boxes. They look like a glorified cheap Android box to put it fair, with the same tacky remotes that break as soon as they hit the floor from 3 feet.

Fire sticks are not for me, just like running Kodi, constant buffering and crashes. Think i'll just take the plunge and get another LG TV, as i know it works perfect with no issues, didn't really wanna fork out, hence why i came here and thought there must be other options,which there is, but none of them float my boat.

We all have different tastes and preferences and I have 3 smart tv's, 2 of which are Samsung and in the early days I had the Siptv on both. I hated it, and now have a magbox 256 on one and stbemu on android boxes on the other 2. I have said before I personally prefer the android boxes to the mag as they are so much more flexible, i.e I have vpn on the android + terranium + showbox + (very cheap!) netflix. As for buffering its very rare but I dont use the cheaper boxes, I would budget for a quadcore with 3gb ram as a rule of thumb, say £60-£100. Buffering is in order of causes, 1) poor supplier, 2) poor internet (could be connection - always use ethernet as opposed to wi fi where possible) 3) your hardware - buy cheap buy twice. If I were replacing a box now I think on the recommendations I have read on here I would be tempted towards the formuler z7 (approx £90).

Cheers buddy, i had a trial on an android box to test, wasnt the best. Still debating on what to do
From your last post its difficult to diagnose the problem (not enough info). I assume you have tried the new sub on your main tv smart app which I understand works well therefore eliminating the possibility its just a rubbish sub. Alternatively you could try it via the vlc app on a laptop. In any event you need to know if the test is any good. As I have pointed out before, it could be a variety of things from android box itself, the software you are using, your internet connection and so on. One thing is for sure IPTV has improved enormously since the early days and if you get it right as many of us have you will be impressed. Takes a bit of patience LOL.

LOL as ive said it works great on my LG Smart TV,runs flawless without an issue. Tried it on an Android box is Sons room (Same Provider) lagged and froze all the time

Back