IPTV broadband Virgin/sat

Hi all, ok I have just had a letter in from VM to say they are putting my bill up I don't really watch the TV on the VM box and I do have smart tv's in all the rooms, am I waisting my money, I'm only staying with them for the unlimited broadband, I don't use the house phone either. If I am.waisting my money can anyone reccommend a good broadband provider that's unlimited and reliable?
Thanks

Hi all, ok I have just had a letter in from VM to say they are putting my bill up I don't really watch the TV on the VM box and I do have smart tv's in all the rooms, am I waisting my money, I'm only staying with them for the unlimited broadband, I don't use the house phone either. If I am.waisting my money can anyone reccommend a good broadband provider that's unlimited and reliable?
Thanks
Ps. Sorry about the spelling mistakes, stupid phone lol, note to one self check post before submitting

Our vm account is in the mrs name, so she rang them up to try and scrap the phone line as we dont use it either, in fact we dont even have a landline phone, borrowed one from one of the sons to ring them, upshot was it was working out dearer to turn it off, they wanted her to change the broadband to a lower speed, plus enter in to a contract, (we are not in one at the minute), so she said no to that, then they said we would have to take a vm mobile deal and same thing contract , so ended up a waste of time, next day, they phoned her mobile offering her 6 weeks sky sports sd for free , so she took it, we will stick with them because as you say, they are the best broadband service out there, just a pity there wasnt something there without having to take the phone line or mobile. Our bill is around £45 to £50 a month.

Have you thought about changing providers? £50 a month is a joke unless you're actually using it to the hilt constantly

I rang them last week told them i can’t afford the extra amount going up and will probably have to leave. The woman said ok I can stop the extra charge for 6-months until your contract ends and also apply a £4 discount in your account for the next 6-months.

I was happy with this she also said when your contract is up we can re-negotiate.

I’ve always rang them when they put up prices up you should do the same. Threathen to quit then you’ll get put through British people NOT the Indian call centre.

It could also be that i’ve been with VM for years being the reason but still worth a call to them, also got a new modem out of them for free

We have been with them 16 years, but they are the best there is at the minute, just checked the latest bill that was paid, it was for £42, same as the last few months before, I told the mrs to phone them back up and tell them 6 weeks free sky sports sd is no good for her and threaten to leave, they dont deal with me whenever I have rang them, we get a lot of channels except for sports and movies, but yes it is dear enough, but that is because we are paying line rental for a phone we dont have, to be fair she pays the bills to them, says she is fed up phoning them all the time.

Your new package now includes: Player TV (M) - Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo - Sky Sports Collection - VIVID 350 Optical Fibre Your new monthly bundle cost is: £44.00

Yeah that might have actually been it £44 instead of £42, although the only sports on it are sports news and mix, when the 6 weeks free is up, plus premier sports is still there at the minute.

I have just looked what I am paying, I'm paying £59.50 for TiVo box and basic box landline and broadband, I don't know what speed it is to be honest, I have the basic channels because I have IPTV I don't ever use the landline and I do use a lot of internet as I have IPTV in all bedrooms, am I paying to much?

Ok thankyou, Imngoing on the phone to them tomorrow to threaten to leave, what do you think I should be paying and what sort of speed should I be looking at, as I say I have IPTV in all rooms kids have Xboxes ?

Well its different for everyone, but the basic tv package along with the top speed broadband , which we are on is around £42-£45 per month, and as i said i think thats expensive.

Back