IPTV info. from the pros and long term users

baz2011uk

Been a long time since i have been on here back when VM had HD
so back this year in May i ordered a Nvida shield pro to have a crack at IPTV i did try years back but wasn't super impressed so got a sub from my old sat supplier and its good i use Tivimate and like the layout ect egp is great and channel logo ,catch up and a big vod library also spot on and its cheap
only issue i get it glitches more often than i prefer and it was down for most of weekend just gone, so been looking at other suppliers and there is a lot of choice and will grab a few trials to compare to what i already have i got one last night for 24hrs but epg and logo and pretty poor and some of the channels are marked up wrong to the content
they seem a big supplier as well not sure if i can name them on hear?
back when i had VM i had a duo 2 box and it was very customizable channel logo epg ect
my question is can this be done on tivimate
add my own custom channel logos or is this locked by supplier?
use a different epg to the suppliers or is this locked again by the supplier

recording is hit and miss with a full recording some worked some didn't i only have 1 line but made sure all testing was done when shield was off usually during the night and suggestions with this or is this a thing iptv isn't perfect with just yet

i have read a fair amount of posts on here last few days and watched god knows how may you tube videos

Brilliant does this effect the supplier or is this more locked into the tivimate setting once done
I will have a search online later about it is it worth while doing it could I grab the ones from another supplier and use I'm guessing not

The glitching might be because you've got ISP parent controls still turned on. The blocks can be bypassed by using a vpn (there's a thread on here where a member is selling cheap surfshark subscription slots) so you might be being a bit hasty by looking for a new iptv provider.

Sorry forgot to mention I run it with a vpn I did try with and without also
It's hard as it's my first dab into iptv so not sure what's reasonable the downtime for over 24hrs was what made me start looking and asking
When he was doing sat it's wasn't the best but was dam cheap and worked for what I wanted kids rooms and Atlantic as I had vm downstairs

It sure will best box apart from the duo2 box I had fast as f*** and very stable I also use it for plex just the player not the server
I will be upgrading it soon with a ssd
My tv auto upscales to 4k don’t have to mess around turning up scaling on as does it automatically SpongeBob square pants in 4k 😁😁🤣🤣
It's hard as it's my first dab into iptv so not sure what's reasonable the downtime for over 24hrs was what made me start looking and asking
When he was doing sat it's wasn't the best but was dam cheap and worked for what I wanted kids rooms and Atlantic as I had vm downstairs
There could be a number of reasons for downtime when does it mainly happen is it when football is on

CS was ridiculously cheap when you look back. I remember when it all went black people hassling the guy I bought mine from for part refunds of 2 or 3 months on a £20 a year sub.

If the downtime isn't caused by blocks that can be bypassed with a vpn and are taking the service down regularly for 24 hours at a time then you deffo need a new provider mate. Take a lot of trials from the request thread on here to compare what's available.

My tv auto upscales to 4k don’t have to mess around turning up scaling on as does it automatically SpongeBob square pants in 4k 😁😁🤣🤣

There could be a number of reasons for downtime when does it mainly happen is it when football is on
Haha my days of kids TV have passed watched my fair amount of peppa pig more shocking when yiu notice the kids have left the room lol

The glitches seem to happen more in the morning before I leave for work say between 7 and 8
The downtime was sat morning till Sunday afternoon weekend just gone I know he was doing a somthing with is TV show vod so they was offline and slowly appeared over a few days vod is not an issue for me as I run a plex server as still d/L movies and TV shows myself

CS was ridiculously cheap when you look back. I remember when it all went black people hassling the guy I bought mine from for part refunds of 2 or 3 months on a £20 a year sub.

If the downtime isn't caused by blocks that can be bypassed with a vpn and are taking the service down regularly for 24 hours at a time then you deffo need a new provider mate. Take a lot of trials from the request thread on here to compare what's available.
Agree CS was cheap so didn't bother me if it wasn't bang on as my main viewing was a sub on vm and that was perfect never a glitch and downtime was very rare in the 3 years I used him
I'm going to do a few trials see what is about I know not to request it here but will on the other thread

Haha my days of kids TV have passed watched my fair amount of peppa pig more shocking when yiu notice the kids have left the room lol

The glitches seem to happen more in the morning before I leave for work say between 7 and 8
The downtime was sat morning till Sunday afternoon weekend just gone I know he was doing a somthing with is TV show vod so they was offline and slowly appeared over a few days vod is not an issue for me as I run a plex server as still d/L movies and TV shows myself
Hmm downtime to me from a Saturday to a mid Sunday afternoon could’ve been moving servers as I know of 1 provider that went down Saturday and came back Sunday just before Manchester derby not saying it’s your provider.
Vod and series does take a lot of maintenance especially if adding bigger servers and re importing stuff

A lot of providers has taken services offline this past couple of weeks not going to go into detail on an open forum.
but as you say if happening quite regular it’s either full server blocks where no vpn will work at all or time to take a new sub depending on how long the op has left on his original sub

Hmm downtime to me from a Saturday to a mid Sunday afternoon could’ve been moving servers as I know of 1 provider that went down Saturday and came back Sunday just before Manchester derby not saying it’s your provider.
Vod and series does take a lot of maintenance especially if adding bigger servers and re importing stuff

i had a feeling its possible server moving with the VOD i know my media data takes a good few hrs to move and thats tiny compared to his
im not sure how the iptv all works but at 1 point i had a screen showing xxxx company saying this channel is unavailable i be,live the xxxx company is what he uses to host or what ever they do lol so its possible it beyond their control last weekend

A lot of providers has taken services offline this past couple of weeks not going to go into detail on an open forum.
but as you say if happening quite regular it’s either full server blocks where no vpn will work at all or time to take a new sub depending on how long the op has left on his original sub
i got to may but happy to have a 2nd connection also gives me a bit of wiggle room if ones plays up or stops ect

any recommended software user friendly to use on the epg logo customization

any tips with the recording or just leave it alone?

i know sly are being out a streaming device like the glass tv to me it looks like they are going down the non satellite use, i read rather than record they will use playlist for fav programs do you think this could be intergraded into the apps we use now. after its released maybe somone may look at doing the same if its possible

i had a feeling its possible server moving with the VOD i know my media data takes a good few hrs to move and thats tiny compared to his
im not sure how the iptv all works but at 1 point i had a screen showing xxxx company saying this channel is unavailable i be,live the xxxx company is what he uses to host or what ever they do lol so its possible it beyond their control last weekend

i got to may but happy to have a 2nd connection also gives me a bit of wiggle room if ones plays up or stops ect

i know sly are being out a streaming device like the glass tv to me it looks like they are going down the non satellite use, i read rather than record they will use playlist for fav programs do you think this could be intergraded into the apps we use now. after its released maybe somone may look at doing the same if its possible
Alot of people use catchup instead of recording as most things in sd are available especially UK stuff

There's a few that I know of. The trouble is like USA they have for e.g east and west I haven't managed to find one that can deal with both. Maybe someone knows better but
IPTV editor doesn't
X3m doesn't
Best EPG doesn't

Alot of people use catchup instead of recording as most things in sd are available especially UK stuff
tbh i think that the way its going to go recording will be a thing of the past i have noticed a lot of catchup on demand like bbc iplayer ect are leaving popular titles up for a lot longer than they used to

There's a few that I know of. The trouble is like USA they have for e.g east and west I haven't managed to find one that can deal with both. Maybe someone knows better but
IPTV editor doesn't
X3m doesn't
Best EPG doesn't
On x3m are you using pro or standard version also you need to know the last bit for each country

Not worth buying just for upscaling as nothing major in the new cube compared to last version😉😉
Don't know bazz. Don't see the point of any box with built in app. most suppliers won't let you use them. I may get one for kids room. Little one drives me mad with Coco melon now

Back