IPTV on firestick or smart STB app for LG TV?

scorpio72

My IPTV provider will shortly be stopping support for Smart IPTV app for my LG smart TV which is a pity as it was running much smoother than my Zgemma H2S on my other TV.Definitely didnt freeze as much and both were wired directly to router.
So there will be support for Smart STB app($28 lifetime access) but he advised that I should get a Firestick(£34.99 on Amazon),said wifi much better and easier to set up VPN if needed....What do you guys recommend?Its gonna be hard wired so wifi shouldnt really make a difference,should it? I like that the LG remote works my IPTV and it would be an extra remote to work a Firestick....but does Firestick offer more?Which would be more reliable and smoother to run IPTV?My broadband is about 50mbps.Thanks

Yes, I'll do that when my provider stops supporting smart iptv. He just recommended Firestick over that app and Im wondering if it's good advice...

It's personal preference, entirely.
Have a look on youtube for IPTV on firestick and see if you like the look of it.

The firestick seems to be android,well the first gen is what i picked up from shpock,my iptv provider has its own app for android and compared to my zgemma h1 i was suprised how well it worked.You can put any android app on it but the fist gen lacks a sd slot.For £10 Bargin

There seems to be hundreds of different android boxs,i would say something on the latest android system would be the best choice as all apps should work.

no firestick 2 are around £35 and your stuck with the amazon app store pretty much. With android box you can install a custom app for IPTV from your provider
you can side load onto firestick but its a bit long winded

no firestick 2 are around £35 and your stuck with the amazon app store pretty much. With android box you can install a custom app for IPTV from your provider
you can side load onto firestick but its a bit long winded
Amazon selling "Fire tv stick with Alexa voice remote" for £34.99.....is that the wrong one?
Yeh, I'm looking for something that's easy to set up, easy to use and reliable. So custom roms or apps just confuse me!

the problem you have with using just apps from amazon is if they get removed your in a bit of a pickle.
Custom app, they can't take away from an android box, although there are ways to side load a custom app to firestick its not that difficult

the problem you have with using just apps from amazon is if they get removed your in a bit of a pickle.
Custom app, they can't take away from an android box, although there are ways to side load a custom app to firestick its not that difficult
OK, thanks
What would you recommend as an alternative to firestick? Any other stick like devices out there or should I just get a cheap android box?

Back