IPTV on Linux/Raspberry Pi

Churada

The new Raspberry Pi 5 is coming out in October (available to preorder now) and from reading posts about it on some sites it appears to be the dogs gonads.
At home I have an Nvidia Shield that I use for Kodi and TiviMate and on AirBNB holidays (cant afford anything else truth be told) I usually take an old Raspberry PI 3 with Kodi on it and a usb drive with some movies for entertainment. But its pretty low powered so never looked into getting IPTV on it.
However the spec of the Pi 5 looks really decent so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with IPTV on a Raspberry Pi4 or any other Debian based computer before?

Kodi addon something like simple client but thats only for m3u lists if a provider will let you have one, long time since i messed with Kodi and the Pi's. There are probably more upto date options.

If its portability you want with numerous IPTV apps available on it then surely a Firestick is a much better ?

The new Raspberry Pi 5 is coming out in October (available to preorder now) and from reading posts about it on some sites it appears to be the dogs gonads.
At home I have an Nvidia Shield that I use for Kodi and TiviMate and on AirBNB holidays (cant afford anything else truth be told) I usually take an old Raspberry PI 3 with Kodi on it and a usb drive with some movies for entertainment. But its pretty low powered so never looked into getting IPTV on it.
However the spec of the Pi 5 looks really decent so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with IPTV on a Raspberry Pi4 or any other Debian based computer before?
If its gonna be that powerful you could try installing android TV on it. Still, I would agree a firestick would be a lot easier.

Old video for PI 4, its pretty similar idea to installing a custom rom on a phone.

Back