Iptv performance

Anst11

Hi all,

I have a mag254 and sub.

Like many I'm new to this so I just want to gauge what I should be expecting from my sub performance wise.

I've had it for a couple of weeks now and well....mixed feelings. I realise it's not the same as getting the signal from the dish etc, but I gotta say I'm not impressed.

Most Channels constantly buffer and are lagging, barely watchable. Some of the channels do not correspond to what they are shown as in the list, and most of the vod movies and tv series just don't work and/or buffer and lag to a point I can't watch. Most annoyingly, major sports events lag. Today the England v barbarians rugby match was lagging, as did the FA cup final but Eurosport was fine.

asked my provider if there's any probs and he said to try rebooting the portal. Haven't got back to him yet with further probs.

What performance should I be aiming for here with iptv? Should I be getting more for my Money or is it just the way it is with iptv and pure internet streaming?

I don't wanna have a go at my provider who tbf replies quickly if the probs I have been experiencing are the norm.

My internet is pushing 40mb/s and have no other probs with any other devices.

Cheers

Last edited:
Shop around
I don't use servers full of vod and channels I don't want.
I want sports and movies with ppv and it's perfect.
I have tried loads of servers the ones with 1000s of channels are shite.
Mine has a few 100 channels and that's all I need.

On a mag you should be getting a smooth (ish) viewing experience not unwatchable.

Ping (latency) is as important as speed anything over 60 can cause freezing, also your internet may seem good after doing a test but as you may know, if you plug out your router the cs or IPTV feed can work for upto 30 secs afterwards so your speed test may not be real time if you get my drift, that said IPTV should be ok , switching from hd to sd can help

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Although my listings are sd and hd separate- they aren't hd. Ss1 and ss1 hd for example are exactly the same quality. That goes for all channels that are "hd".

IPTV is basically internet streams wrapped up in a saleable package, the stream quality can be dubious to say the least, there are good and bad providers , servers are a main part of the chain and you get what you pay for with these, there are good providers who make an effort (rule of thumb no EPG would be a red flag)

I found a good provider once I requested one with a script to create separate bouquets, thought may mean a supplier more invested on the technical side. Channels change instantly and no freezing on h2s. Tons of channels and boxing was good quality

Although my listings are sd and hd separate- they aren't hd. Ss1 and ss1 hd for example are exactly the same quality. That goes for all channels that are "hd".
When you go to a hd channel you should see by channel name for instance 720p. HD isn't full on Iptv due to the amount of bandwith required by the server (would cost a fortune)

Resolution display is skin specific as far as i can see , some do some dont

i was apprehensive at beginning.
tried lots of providers . i was close to calling it a day.. i contacted my c/s provider. He was away at the time.
i couldnt ask for better quality boxing last night was perfect. i have used my provider for 5 years .
FTA channels iffy at times
but the rest of channels. would give 9/10 .. with guarentee quality would improve .i am impartial and say it as it is.

in theory mag box is built for iptv if i was you id try another provider just for month to see how there streams are but shop around at 1st
look out for feedback etc

Is there a plugin to display Resolution on screen, using ipab with sly skin

of course it wont be, its compressed and the frame rates different but its as good as your going to get. I tried an uncompressed and natural frame rate of an hd channel to my telly in the front room and quality was full but it has to be transcoded for all devices
Bandwidth was between 4-7 Mb/s for 1 channel

I personally panicked the day before the AJ fight and searched for a iptv server . I found 1 and liked what they said so I jumped straight in on a year sub. Stupid this could have been . But however I have been very lucky in that bar a few early teething problems I really do have a great package. I have installed it for friends too . They have a h2h and it works in harmony with the epg. But I have the star 2s and it does not work in my epg. I've not troubled them with this as I know the channel's we watch . Plus nearly every answer I've needed has been on tk and for that thanks to all. . Sometimes the fhd channels are difficult but the hd or sd is perfect .

Is there a plugin to display Resolution on screen, using ipab with sly skin

I use kiddacs new one from his site the skin is called onyx I think.
If I press ok twice it brings up the resolution
Screen size
Tunner info
And ecm and server details.

Ok stupid question time.
But what's Fhd mean in the channels list?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back