Iptv player

No1gooner

TK Veteran
Is anyone else finding the latest version 117.00.00.00 is crashing the box? Have stayed on 116.00.00.00 as after that was getting an OpenSSL error but now latest version is completely crashing the box. I'm using vix so interested to know if any of the atv crew or anyone else is experiencing this?

Testing now. Just updated

---------- Post Merged at 09:26 PM ----------

Yup. Crashing 117 on mine on ssl. Vix 4.0.003

is this crashing just causing a reboot or total feck up which needs a reflash. If the latter I can't crash my box at the moment to test.

Any1 running vix 3.*.* having the same error?

---------- Post Merged at 09:35 PM ----------

is this crashing just causing a reboot or total feck up which needs a reflash. If the latter I can't crash my box at the moment to test.

Just black and white usual error log and reboot. Only affecting iptvplayer When tried

Anyone know what handles the ssl and can it be updated? Gonna have a nosey now. Hope its just vix 4 related!
About to try it on my vix 3.2.036

Problem is the update is needed as streams are starting to not work on the last working version 16.00.00.00.

Ok vix 3.2.036 is fine after update.
Anyone know how to pull the necessary files from 3.2.036 thats crashing 4.0.003?

---------- Post Merged at 10:40 PM ----------

Wondering if its the key.pem and cert.pem? If they were replaced from working version? Suppose gonna have to try lol

Ok. Hit wall. Are they only in atv or vix too. In over my head lol

Last edited:
Tried merging all certs from 3.2.036 to 4.0.003. Still same.

Tried overwriting messagebox.pyo with 1 from 3.2.036. Still same.

Deleted messagebox.pyo. still same. Edit. Freezes system. Replace file fixs

Reboots between all

Last edited:
Cheers dude. Im a tinkerer lol
Yeh Saw here what might be issue

enigma2-plugin-extensions-iptvplayer_117.00.00.00_all
whats new:
-Add new host crtanko.com/.
-Goldvod add info clarify no valid links error.
-Detect new version of OpenSSL 1.X without symbol OPENSSL_1.0.0 at now not supported by IPTVPlayer.
-Add new host darshow.com/

Just updated to latest version 117.01.01.00 and it isn't crashing box but it's saying that my version of OpenSSL is not supported, it looks like the issue is with OpenSSL 1.0.2 which is what the latest images are using as it seems iptv player only supports OpenSSL 1.0.0 which is what it try's to detect when installing, what's is now happening is its failing to download the nessasary components for it to work properly.

OK so after installing 117 I just get a reboot when trying to launch IPTVPlayer. Here's the fix for ATV & similar on ViX I guess.....

GREEN (to launch plugin browser)
RED (to remove plugin) - now go to Extensions press OK and navigate to IPTVPlayer in the list and press OK.
Press EXIT (to take you back to the plugins browser)
IPTVPlayer will still be in the list but with a different icon - move to it and press OK you will now got an option box to configure or update, choose update - install the update and let your box restart when prompted.

Hey Presto - IPTVPlayer now working again...... note you still get warnings about openssl however the bits I tried are working :yes!:

Last edited:
You can get iptv player to work in that you can now get to the main menu but the failure to install wget and f4mdump which are obviously needed but not installing due to the OpenSSL version not being supported is causing issues, I've just looked through and yes some stuff works but then some of the stuff I had working fine before isn't working.

I've reported the issue again on gitlab.

Last edited:
Right so I got a rather sarcastic reply from samsamsam saying that this is not a bug,
Anyway over on the openpli forums where he lives he is basically saying that the version of openssl being used on the latest images from atv and vix is not supported and that one day he might add support but at the moment it is not a priority.
So in a nutshell if you want a fully working iptv player then you need to stay on older image versions with OpenSSL 1.0.0 and basically anyone using the latest image versions are being left to rot at the moment, seems a little bit backwards if you ask me but hey ho!

---------- Post Merged at 11:09 AM ----------

Just an update I've put in an enhancement request on GitHub as I been asked to do for OpenSSL 1.0.2 support, Hopefully it might put the wheels in motion.

Ok so I put in an enhancement request and samsamsam has said he will add to his to do list but without priority, so it looks like we will be waiting a while to get a complete working version for the latest vix and atv.

I use media player for my iptv never had a problem i ftp my m3u anywhere on box and point mediaplayer to it

Back