IPTV set up on openbox v8s help

ianhaney

Hi
I dug out my old openbox v8s as sky are slowly blocking the channels so can;t get most now on the freesat v7 max box so thought about trying the IPTV way through a openbox v8s box and I got a test webtv.m3u for 12 hours and so loaded the webtv.m3u file onto the box using usb and can see the list of channels in the list when go into multimedia->webtv but when I click on a channel/name I just get a blank picture and it says 0kb/s

has anyone got a guide on how to set it up or had issues with webtv on openbox v8s before

another strange one. if you just do an update it will find loads of random channels for uk. ive gone though and one near the top called amazing facts tv works?

Same problem here, all the channels are showing after updating the webtv via USB, but then when i click on them its just a completely blank picture.

Has anybody had any luck solving this?.

I have the same issue I've got all the channels named but just a blank screen? Mine also says 0 kbs connect which I assume means no connection?

I have the same issue I've got all the channels named but just a blank screen? Mine also says 0 kbs connect which I assume means no connection?
I got a v8s and I purchased a quality IPTV sub but the box is just not meant for it , I have loads of channels they all work but the box crashes periodically, there's no epg , if u change channel it crashes , it's totally crap .. best buy another box if u want IPTV there's loads for like 30 quid on eBay I'm just trying to decide which one

I'm trying to add IPTV to my V8 Super, but all the guides advise selecting WebTV. The only thing is where everyone else has a WebTV icon, I have a IPTV icon, and if I try clicking on that it comes up saying "Loading, please wait" and hangs.

Appreciate any advice.

Ah righto... someone told me that they used it effectively. I'll try other options. Is the V7 mini as bad too?

I'll have a look tomorrow evening. Thanks for that. I have a V7 Mini I could use and they're about £20, so hopefully that works. V8 Super would have been better because I use that for my motorised dish, but ah well!

Ah yeah, this is the Openbox V8 not the V8 Super... having said that, some comments on the thread are about the V8 Super.

I did try with a stable subscription but the v8s itself is not stable for IPTV ..
Just freezes and crashes ,, I recommend a cheap android TV box ..
I bought one and never looked back
Cost me less than 50 quid does the IPTV utube Netflix SoundCloud flawless..
That said I recommend a paid subscription .
My T95Z plus came with kodi preinstalled never used it tho
Perfect player is the app for IPTV

Back