IPTV Speed Query

I currently use IPTV on LG tv and using a wired connection from the router directly into TV. Currently I have super fast voda (getting 79/mbps to the router).

I am finding the FHD channels constantly lag; I have noticed there is a "mbit/s" field on the IPTV EPG and on most channels this reads between 2.5-4.5 mbit/s.

Any ideas if this is directly linked to my net or is this related to the suppliers connection to my IPTV? Struggling to understand why its lagging to much even though I have fibre connected directly to TV.

I previously had the same set up with same supplier but using BT fibre and didn't have this much lagging.

any ideas?

Could be a number of things but if you are using the smart iptv app that could be the problem, To see if it is best thing to do is download a app like iptv smarters to your phone and try it on there to see if your getting the same problem, If you are it could be a Internet setting needs changing or it is the service

@gibbletts - by lag I mean the picture keeps stuttering and occasionally the picture is behind the audio

@londonfox - I like the set up of the IPTV (i.e no additional remote required, the EPG/overall set up view is nice). Would you recommend anything similar to the look and feel of IPTV? Will try one of the IPTV smarters on mobile to verify.

@qwertyCharlie You have no other app you can use on a LG smart tv, If you was to get a android device you would have loads of app's to pick, But iptv smarters pro is a good app shows all the vod&tvod covers and film info, You can FF, RW, Record, Give it a try on your phone, You will need to ask the service you use for your username, password and there url

I have two connections one a mag box and the other smart stb on a samsung. Both are excellent, in fact the smart app loads up slightly quicker than the mag. Picture quality both the same, sound also, have had an odd link where the sync is out, but rarely and that goes for app and box. I have had android boxes, my daughter has mine at the moment and the stb emu is good, never had any real issue with it picture /sound both fine and you can alter the player which is sometimes an advantage particularly with vod.
The only issue I have had in recent times was my sly router settings which were a pain a few months ago but all sorted now. Dont think it is connected to your problem as the symptoms were internet disconnection every 20-30 minutes. However I see you were ok with your previous isp and I have read other members having issues with voda. Have a read through the various threads concerning voda.

Last edited:
Give smartSTB a try on LG works a treat so a colleague tells me. He upgraded from smart iptv app and said he noticed a big difference quality wise. Strange coincidence he also has Vodafone as his ISP.

Back