IPTV works in my house, but not in my mates house?

I'm running IPTV on Sly fibre as does my mate.
In my house the Android box handles IPTV very well as it does in my mothers and sisters houses, but not in my mates house.
Doing a speedtest he gets over 25mb download speed, so broadband should be fine and parental control is turned off.
When I bring his box to my house it runs fine using perfect player and updates channels and epg fine. Last night I take it back to his house and perfect player finds no channels or epg. I also put Mobdro and Showbox on his box and Mobdro also does not work.Says no connection. Showbox works fine.
Anyone any idea what the issue is.
His router is only around 15 feet from his box in the hallway and we tried WiFi and Ethernet, but still not working.
If parental control is turned off then he would not need a VPN would he?

Sky have changed the router settings and switched his streaming ability off.
They do this remotely and you need to change whichever one controls it and not in parental control but in his account settings.

Sky have changed the router settings and switched his streaming ability off.
They do this remotely and you need to change whichever one controls it and not in parental control but in his account settings.
Do you have instructions on how to turn this off? Why have Sly not done this in my house and other family and friends houses?

Showbox works, unlike IPTV and Mobdro. I also thought Parental control was in "Account Settings"

I had this problem too. I had to ring them up as my mate didn’t have a pc and asked them to turn off ‘sky shield ‘. Working perfectly since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this problem too. I had to ring them up as my mate didn’t have a pc and asked them to turn off ‘sky shield ‘. Working perfectly since.

Is Sky shield not the same as Parental control? If not, can I not turn it off manually from his house without contacting Sly. Did Sly ask you why you wanted it off?

I turned mine off myself via my pc. It’s in the account settings somewhere. My mate didn’t have a pc so I rang sky up for him and they turned it off at their end. Told them he couldn’t access his online banking as an excuse.

I turned mine off myself via my pc. It’s in the account settings somewhere. My mate didn’t have a pc so I rang sky up for him and they turned it off at their end. Told them he couldn’t access his online banking as an excuse.

I thought Parental control would be the same as Sly shield. I've messaged him and told him what to do & he will check when home later from work. thanks guys.

3216f6eb903f56e6fa7674897043f3a1.jpg

Sky Shield - Call up DO NOT do online yourself.
Tell them you are a gamer and it is causing problems in some games with UDP traffic.
Ask them to disable and turn off.
Next day, reboot router and try again

Back