IR remote signal

contracts34

Has anyone used an IR extender (the type used if your box is in a cupboard or doesn't have direct sight of the remote) to control a H2S?

I have bought one that I know is working as it controls every device in the house apart from my Zgemma :(

I've tried locating it everywhere across the front of the display having checked where the receiver is on the box. I can't get it to work on my 2S either! Looks like it's not compatible, but operates everything else in the house that I don't need it for.

I've also got one of these from fleabay which works and only £3.45 -It has got the most annoying bright red led in it though, I had to prise the cover off and put black tape on it but for 3 quid you can't go wrong.

That is identical to the one I have just bought also from Fleabay. It too has a bright red light in the transmitter. Wonder why I can't get it to work then :willy nilly:

Dunno, I plugged the usb into the TV for power but it was very particular about where the transmitter was located.

Yeah I used the TV USB, but also tried from the wall socket adaptor but no difference. And it works the TV I am picking the power up from. Bizarre. I'll try again this evening and see how I get on. I'll keep you posted

Right just tried again on both 2S & H2S and no joy on either. It operates the TV from which I am picking up the USB power and it operates other TV's but not Zgemma's :damn:

Willo, do both the extenders you bought operate your H2S's without any bother?

Right just tried again on both 2S & H2S and no joy on either. It operates the TV from which I am picking up the USB power and it operates other TV's but not Zgemma's :damn:

Yes mate, apart from locating the transmitter being a bit picky. (Stuck on the front with duct tape) I'm using the 4 port one in the lounge with the zg in a cupboard and the fleabay one in the bedroom with the zg in the loft.

Both with extenders are OpenATV 5.3, one is Wooshbuild 4.0? (whatever the latest is!)

Edit: Just tried on the iPab build - works okay.

Edit: Works on ItalySAT and OpenVIX so clearly not build specific.

I tested using the cheapo fleabay one, perhaps yours is faulty?

Last edited:
Both with extenders are OpenATV 5.3, one is Wooshbuild 4.0? (whatever the latest is!)

Edit: Just tried on the iPab build - works okay.

Edit: Works on ItalySAT and OpenVIX so clearly not build specific.

I tested using the cheapo fleabay one, perhaps yours is faulty?

Thanks for the update, will send mine back for exchange.

Back