is it worth motorising

the ALSAT DARK SUPREME H_H motor does say it will drive upto a 1.4 dish max

Yep I had already read that.
Trouble with sellers is that they will make a claim and then wriggle when it doesn't work !
Asked them for details of anybody driving a 1'4m dish and to date they haven't answered !

The Dark Motor and pretty much any other Diseqc branded motor will power a bigger dish how long for though is a different question, anything over a 1m should be driven with a V-Box and an Actuator. Unless of the course the bigger dish is extremely light

ok so had someone tell me that using 3 fixed dishes on a disqec switch could be better? anyone have a similar setup.
also on hotbird / astra 1 are the sky hd channels available? what extra do you guys watch (english)

Hello everyone, Looking at setting up a motorised dish here in the UK some interesting reading here. question is though is it really worth it will do some more research and find out.

Always worth motorizing a dish [3 fixed dishes and someone may decide you are in the CIA and think how much space you need]
There is no sky hd available on hotbird in fact no sky without your own card.
A 1.4 dish can be powered by a H_H motor but the problem is the wind against such a dish size buffers the motor which will burn out. A jack and 1.3 actuator will be good for Spain or basically anywhere in europe.
Reaper.

Hello everyone
For ASTRA 1 19E you will get
c+ spain full sd+HD some movies channels include English audio
Sky germany same as c+spain
csat and c+ france oly some hd channels with no English audio
c+ NL but i do not know if they have English audio
---------------
For Hotbird
only main working channels at the moment
polish provider NC+ polsat they include some English channels
------------------