Satellite Is only 1 Feed an issue? Sat Side

may6470

I have a H1 for cable, but getting another H1 for my partner.

On the sat side of things, does only having on feed going into the box cause any issues? With the epg etc?

Or will it all work as normal? I will be using an old sat dish which only has 1 feed, just wondering if it causes any issues, do i need to disable one of the tuners?

Thanks everyone

i take it that your h1 is a cable and sat combo box and can work on 1 cable feed [ vm ] or/and 1 sat feed
if you sat and cable feeds =need 2 lines from servers.
epg best to be stored on external usb.
upgrade sat dish to a bigger output of lnbs quad or octo allowing more tuner box connections.
vu solo2 takes 2 feeds from sat dish.
quad tuner boxes can have 4 feeds
zgemma h1 can only have 1 sat feed fitted.

Hi pal! Love it when you reply on these forums

Sorry don't think I explained myself properly. I have a h1 at my house and getting a h1 at my partners, I only have have Virgin set up at mine so not overly sure on the sat side.

She has an old sat dish which only has one cable , so wasn't used on any sky HD boxes so it's a single LNB.

is that ok?

I have a H1 for cable, but getting another H1 for my partner.

On the sat side of things, does only having on feed going into the box cause any issues? With the epg etc?

Or will it all work as normal? I will be using an old sat dish which only has 1 feed, just wondering if it causes any issues, do i need to disable one of the tuners?

Thanks everyone

As long as the Sat cables are ok and the dish is lined up with a working lnb then your good to go.

I don't think you will be able to record 1 channel whilst watching another channel with only 1 cable

Back