Is there a way to receive BBC-iPlayer in ROI?

camstruan

Hi,
Please bear with me as I'm a bit green with technical stuff. Can you recommend a program/add on/addpp that will allow me to receive the likes of BBC iplayer or similar in Ireland. Is it worth paying a subscription? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

You need a VPN, the sort that can give you a UK IP address. If you just want to watch TV, and are not concerned with a VPN anonymous security features, you could try a browser add-in. There are several free ones available for Firefox and Chrome. I don't know which one work with the BBC, so I suggest you try several (one at a time, as they can sometimes interfere with each other if you install more than one), until you find one that works.

There is an add-on called "Hola.org" that might work for you, but there have been some "issues raised" concerning how the company operates, so I suggest doing some reading online before deciding whether or not to use it.

Thank you

You need a VPN, the sort that can give you a UK IP address. If you just want to watch TV, and are not concerned with a VPN anonymous security features, you could try a browser add-in. There are several free ones available for Firefox and Chrome. I don't know which one work with the BBC, so I suggest you try several (one at a time, as they can sometimes interfere with each other if you install more than one), until you find one that works.

There is an add-on called "Hola.org" that might work for you, but there have been some "issues raised" concerning how the company operates, so I suggest doing some reading online before deciding whether or not to use it.

Thanks for the help Mike. I don't mind paying for a vpn. Can you recommend any?
Thanks again.

I don't know which ones work with the BBC, because I live in the UK. I use a browser add-on called "Zenmate" for watching US TV, like The Daily Show.

Try searching for "Ex-pat" iplayer sites.

Back