Is this possible

Wayne38

I have zgemma h2h running vm in living room is it possible to link to another zgemma box in bedroom with out vm connection in bedroom I have them WiFi plugs that run through plug socket but no vm point just wondered if I could link boxes through Internet

Yes but you can only use one at once. Alternatively, get an android box, there are a few ways to do that with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes,
as long as your main box has a spare tuner, or is in standby
there are a few threads on how to do it,
I have a twin sat box using a cable box to stream cable to it if there is something I need specifically on cable to watch,
it also gives me 4 sat tuners and a cable tuner to record from/watch

search
slave box

Only 1 box will be on at any 1 time

Can u point me to a tutorial so I can have a read up thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but you can only use one at once. Alternatively, get an android box, there are a few ways to do that with them.

not so,
can watch sat on main box and stream cable to second box,
or other way around
watch cable on main box and stream sat to second box

Can u point me to a tutorial so I can have a read up thanks

just one of a few threads about it

http://www.techkings.org/threads/setting-up-a-slave-cable-box.135682/

Last edited by a moderator:
not so,
or other way around

I think he means you can't watch two different channels using the one VM line - the op only has VM, no sat been mentioned

I think he means you can't watch two different channels using the one VM line - the op only has VM, no sat been mentioned

ok,
but an H2H is a combo box,
so it is possible, maybe,,,,,,,,
I only have a single cable tuner, but using a second slave box I have got 4 sat tuners and a single cable,
and my cable is never used if streaming it to the 2nd box, still leaving 4 sat tuners for recording, ( or watching ) , if required

If u read the thread step toe put on for there is 2 plugins u need on the slave box once they r on an set up that's it just make sure main box Is on standby as I got a blank screen on slave box with both boxes on

If u read the thread step toe put on for there is 2 plugins u need on the slave box once they r on an set up that's it just make sure main box Is on standby as I got a blank screen on slave box with both boxes on
ye,
you MUST have a spare tuner on main box
luckily I mostly use sat, so my single cable tuner is fine for what I need,
BUT, if main box is on cable I cant watch cable on my slave box,
main box needs to be on a sat channel or in standby if I want to watch cable on slave

Currently I have an h2h, with both feeds for sat and cable connected, I’m waiting on a h3.2tc coming next week, I’ll have a free cable tuner on that, but as it stands, I’ve got a man cave 30 meters from my house, connected to my broadband, in here I have an h2s. Can I view cable in the man cave as long as the main box is in standby?

Currently I have an h2h, with both feeds for sat and cable connected, I’m waiting on a h3.2tc coming next week, I’ll have a free cable tuner on that, but as it stands, I’ve got a man cave 30 meters from my house, connected to my broadband, in here I have an h2s. Can I view cable in the man cave as long as the main box is in standby?

exactly what I have bud,
yes, as long as your main box is in standby, or on sat, then you can watch cable on your slave box,
if someone decides to watch cable on the main box, simply webif and turn it off, :grin:

exactly what I have bud,
yes, as long as your main box is in standby, or on sat, then you can watch cable on your slave box,
if someone decides to watch cable on the main box, simply webif and turn it off, :grin:

Outstanding , time to tinker!

not so,
or other way around
Well yes, the satellite tuner will still be free of course, but you don’t really tend to buy an H.2H for the satellite tuner these days.

(I realised I hadn’t pressed post... :grin:)

Back