ISP or router blocking iptv

dazg123

Hi all, I had a 48 hour trial which worked fine, bought 6 month sub and all I get is connecting error. Tried on a friend's TV and the subs working fine. I try it on my phone through my WiFi and it doesn't work. If I turn WiFi off and use my phone data it works? It's driving me mad, can anybody out there help? I've deleted the app and reinstalled it, I've also changed DNS to 8.8.8.8 ect ect

if you're with bt, turn off the bt shield:

• Open a web browser on any computer or device connected to your Hub and go to http://bthomehub.home to open the Hub Manager.
  • Select Advanced Settings:
  • Enter the admin password. If you haven't changed it the you will find the default password on your Hub settings card on the back of your Hub.
  • Select Continue to Advanced Settings
  • Select Home Network > Smart Setup
  • Select No to disable Smart Setup & select Apply

VPN is my next step but I've not set one up before and don't know what to do. I'm in work for the next 6 hours of will check back in later. Thanks for your help

That is really strange dazg123. I have Plusnet fibre and run two boxes but am not experiencing any problems.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

have u reset box by putting pin in rear of router keeping pressed in for around 30 sec, forgot all networks on whatever box ur using and try again

Last edited:
Hi all, yes I've got unlimited fibre. Forgot to say when I use the test line off the siptv site that also plays fine. I'll try the router hard reset and update here soon

Hi and thanks in advance for any help, I use smart IPTV app on lg Tv I can't watch anything just get black screen all the time, also on plusnet fibre any ideas thanks

Hi and thanks in advance for any help, I use smart IPTV app on lg Tv I can't watch anything just get black screen all the time, also on plusnet fibre any ideas thanks

Hi.

Know someone who was having problems with smart iptv app. Would work fine for a bit, but then stop working... He's with virgin. Just trying to use the playlist on a firebox with perfect player, so hopefully this will work out better for him...

Reset didn't solve it. Won't connect when my phone is using WiFi but works fine when using mobile data. I'm using a tplink n600 router

Go to advanced settings and click firewall,click on upnp, the upnp should be on and the one underneath it extra security should be off.
then click on configuration and make sure its on default. if these settings are set up then u should be able to get the iptv to work

Back