Issue with Vu+ Solo & homeplugs

BeardedKing

Hey guys,

I just got 2 Vu+ Solo 2's installed in my house.

One is connected directly by cable from my Compal CH7465 and the other by homeplugs with CAT6E cable

The box connected by cable(router) works perfectly but the one connected by homeplug keeps losing connection.

I was able to ftp to the cabled one no problem but the one connected by homeplug times out.

When I connect my laptop to the homeplug and ping a site, there is no drop at all so that rules out the brand new homeplugs.

I'm with Virgin Media 360mb broadband.

Any ideas on what I should do??

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I just got 2 Vu+ Solo 2's installed in my house.

One is connected directly by cable from my Compal CH7465 and the other by homeplugs with CAT6E cable

The box connected by cable(router) works perfectly but the one connected by homeplug keeps losing connection.

I was able to ftp to the cabled one no problem but the one connected by homeplug times out.

When I connect my laptop to the homeplug and ping a site, there is no drop at all so that rules out the brand new homeplugs.

I'm with Virgin Media 360mb broadband.

Any ideas on what I should do??

Does your line provider allow multiroom? because if it doesn't when you turn one box on the other will go off

try rebooting all units off and on box homeplugs and router,are your homeplugs in a twin 13 amp socket?
depends if losing internet =no lan connection and checked in network test
or losing provider from multi box connection?

Back