Just setting up first box. Some quick questions...

MaDCaTz

1. I am doing the channel scan, so far at 39%, I can see almost every channel is being found twice, does it remove the duplicates when done?
2. I really dont want to run two tuner cables from the dish, can't I just split it? What difference would this make?
3. I have mounted a 8GB USB stick to use with the box (Following instructions). What else do I need to do in order to pause / record? 8GB should be enough for several minutes, but it doesn't work at all.
4. DHCP didn't work. I manually set the IP settings and it is working, however it would be handy to know why this didn't work?
5. FTP isn't connecting, I am using port 21, I don't know the username and password, but it should at least get a connection rather than a timeout
7. The quality looks bad on the menus, the smaller text is almost unreadable, I am using a 42" on 1080p with the HDMI cable. Is there anyway to improve this?

Thanks!

---------- Post Merged at 08:26 PM ----------

8. What is a swap file? The instructions say to create a 256mb one, but 512mb is available. Why not use 512mb?
9. My BBC1 channel is showing a N. West. How can I change this to my region? I done this in auto bouquets, but hasn't changed anything.

Last edited:
1- yes
2- can't split a sat feed cable. Doesnt work. Plug into TunerA then
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Tuner config
Tuner b. Set to not configured
Save
This defeats the purpose of twin tuner box but.....
3- set record and timeshift to ur initialised usb. Did u initialise it before everything else?
4- prob just needed to reboot router and box to see eachother.
5- if box ip address is correct should connect. What ftp prog u on? User root pass blank
6- you forgot 6 lol
7- what image what skin what hz in settings?
8- 512 available? What image?
9- menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Providers
Change region to ur own
Save
Start Scan
Reboot

P.s. u may be better using a backup first time if ur new to enigma 2. Lots of settings to change and f up ;)

Last edited:
Its like a dump for system files when box is rebooted far as i know.
Some say not needed some say is. I use. Hear thats a great image.

What is a swap file though?
Swap file is the same as Virtual Memory in a PC.... It moves non-crucial processes and programs to run on the disk freeing up more of the system "real" memory to get the more important processes done quicker, then once they're out of the way fetches the next batch to process from the stick. The disk space set aside as a swap file is obviously slower than real memory but gets the job done quicker than without.

Glad you're all sorted with the image.

Thanks Sucmnsee for your help on this one and the very generous comments (y), coming from you that's a real honour - thanks man!

Now time for a :drink:

Back