Keepalive

I have updated the lx2 every time an update has become available, even doing a fresh usb stick flash of the latest image the last time, but all to no avail as the problem of mgcam falling asleep still remains.

Guys. Having trouble with the keepalive part of my line. When inputting my line via ftp I deleted all the keepalive part and just put in my line details. Now It's as if my line goes to sleep when I change from fta to paid. Any help please?

Can you in future post in the correct part of the forum.

Moved from General Chat.....

Usually it would be deleted :binoculars:.

I have updated the lx2 every time an update has become available,

Hades is long gone, openvix 3.0 is what you need, you will have to flash by USB
but it's worth doing just for the spaceship !!! ;)

I totally agree, the space station is cool :)

I did do a new flashable image for the LX2 just look here: http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/67979-xpeed-lx2-setup-guide.html

You can flash your box with the new Vix 3.0 as Hades is really out of date now

Hi guys, agree that the space shot is nice, and as previously mentioned I have upgraded to every available image and I currently have Vix 3.10 but the problem with the sleeping Softcam persists.

My line looks like this:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
CWS = Host Port Username Password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1

But I heard of other changing it to

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS = Host Port Username Password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1

and it working just fine so maybe try that

What might be happening is when your on a Fta channel for a long time your sever might be putting you in a sleep mode That maybe why it takes a while to kick in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tich, In my case I don't think that can be the problem as if I watch a scrambled channel for a long time I find that when I change channel it drops out and have to manually do a restart .
Forcefire, tried the Keepalive line without any improvement so deleted it. Haven't got the "lan server 1" at the end though, any idea what it achieves?

Tich, In my case I don't think that can be the problem as if I watch a scrambled channel for a long time I find that when I change channel it drops out and have to manually do a restart .
Forcefire, tried the Keepalive line without any improvement so deleted it. Haven't got the "lan server 1" at the end though, any idea what it achieves?

Sounds like the server config is not correct. I had a similar problem with my line provider, everything was working great till he updated the server with a new "software". when I was switching between fta and encrypted channels I was just getting a black screen on the encrypted ones, the only way I could get the picture back was to restart the cam. I emailed him telling him that I haven't changed anything on my end and the problem started after he updated the server, he must have changed something (config) because after sending the email it worked flawlessly. Maybe your server hasn't updated anything but it's worth asking if he's changed any settings.

as said i wonder if he posted his mg_cfg would we see what is not set correctly? did he say what box is in use as vix multi tuners use 1.38.

keep alive is nothing the end user can do. keepalive is a setting only on a oscam server

but i think a timeout in cws can work

oops just saw your post

Back