Konig signal booster fail

there's a few different versions to the HDU`s depends if you want in home after the white vm box, or outside in the brown box? all depends on how your feed is currently split?

there's a few different versions to the HDU`s depends if you want in home after the white vm box, or outside in the brown box? all depends on how your feed is currently split?
Managed to get seller to accept a return. At the minute my signal levels for downstream are ranging -5 to -9.8 (absolutely awful)

Managed to get seller to accept a return. At the minute my signal levels for downstream are ranging -5 to -9.8 (absolutely awful)
you could always phone virgin and ask them to have a look at your signal problems and see if they can tweak them for you

:poop::confused:What a nightmare!!
Honestly why do VM make it so hard to get things sorted. You ring up with a complaint (this being the fourth time in 2 weeks), firstly they tried to fob us off with "there are problems in the area" - well our area status proves otherwise.
Then turn off the router and tv and reboot (waiting 5-10 mins for the new Superhub 3.0 to load up) - no difference.
We are carrying out checks on your services, wait a moment.
VM said at certain times of the day we will experience problems when internet traffic is busy, but we argued that we are paying good money for 200mbps, as we all have laptops, ipads, phones, game consoles etc.
After a load of prattling on and arguing (around half an hour) they are finally sending out yet another engineer. I can't understand why they are not realising that these power levels are too low and are so unwilling to do anything about upping them.

Even with zgemmas disconnected our downstream power levels range -2 to -5.6
when zgemmas connected it dips to -7, -9

Tell them you was talking to a V*rgin installer and he said it sounds like your connection needs to go onto a higher tier at the cabinet - maybe the red one if it's so low. ;)

..so vm engineer coming out tonight and at the moment these are my levels - looking at these he's not going to find anything wrong, so what do i say?

Downstream bonded channels
Channel
Frequency(Hz) Power
(dBmV)
SNR
(dB)
Modulation Channel ID
1 227000000 -3 36.6 256 qam 8
2 219000000 -2.7 37.3 256 qam 7
3 211000000 -2.7 37.3 256 qam 6
4 203000000 -2.5 37.3 256 qam 5
5 187000000 -1.2 37.3 256 qam 3
6 179000000 -0.7 37.3 256 qam 2
7 171000000 0 37.3 256 qam 1
8 195000000 -2 37.3 256 qam

Just tell him you've checked them a few times over the last couple of weeks and sometimes they drop to below -6 and you're looking at getting extra receivers soon too which will make it even worse :(y):

It's something you need to be very careful about this otherwise you're gonna end up with a hefty call-out charge on your bill.

VM have allowable power levels - so if it falls within the VM acceptable limit they're not going to do anything. The limit is -6 dBmV and 34.5 dB for RxMER. If you insist on getting them out then you're gonna get the call out charge. Then once they're out you have to demonstrate that their equipment isn't functioning properly.

I did a certain trick to make sure that my power levels were more than adequate after I got a tivo engineer install last year. If you have access to the internal wiring in your house, you could always pop an attenuator inline for the engineer visit then remove it afterwards ;)

Now got hdu400, can anyone explain how i set it up. I have not been able to find any setup. Ive got 1 incoming wire, white box livingroom

The HDU400 goes into the brown box outside - you need to run another cable into the brown box to power it I think.

The HDU200 is the one for inside, this is designed to go in the brown box outside I'm sure... you could fit it inside but if you have a splitter in the brown box outside that feeds another room in your house, you'll still need to run another wire from the house into the brown box.

I have plugged the tivo and 2 zgemmas onto this, all inside. It hasbrought all my power levels up above minus. I now have ones, twos and threes as power levels, Is this ok?

Well at the moment things seem to be better. Im a bit puzzled tho, as without gemmas connected i was getting minus as downstream power levels, but now all are into the plus, but i thought the hdu400 was just lossless signal strength - as in, i wouldnt lose any signal, but would not gain any either, just remain the same

The HDU's are designed to compensate for any signal loss by splitting and bringing it in line with VM's standard.

Back